Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Site Team

Rocket Scientists rejects

It's obvious that NASA isn't going to be hiring this fellow Louisianian, but ya should get a kick out of this true story. This article is actually on our State Police website:

Yesterday, an on-duty Louisiana State Trooper and two other on-duty officers were able to successfully apprehend the suspect of a crime – the attempted carjacking of the unmarked state police unit in which they were riding.

On August 1, 2012 around 4:30 p.m., a Louisiana State Police detective and two members of the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force were stopped at a traffic light on Spring Street in downtown Shreveport. The officers were riding in the trooper’s unmarked Louisiana State Police unit, when Joshua Adam Carter (W/M 25y/o) of Princeton, LA approached the vehicle and attempted to steal it from the officers.

Carter immediately began pulling on the vehicle’s door handle and demanding that the door be opened. After realizing that the doors were locked and the vehicle was occupied by police officers, Carter fled the scene. The officers quickly gave chase and apprehended Carter without incident.

“We have been stressing the importance of law enforcement partnerships throughout Louisiana,” said Colonel Mike Edmonson, State Police Superintendent. “This suspect quickly learned the results of our efforts as he was apprehended by a trooper, deputy and police officer all of who serve on a Federal law enforcement taskforce.”

Carter was taken into custody and transported to the Shreveport City Jail where he was charged with attempted carjacking.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Site Team

didn't go as planned

KALISPELL, Mont. (AP) — A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake (Sasquatch stunt takes a tragic turn on highway - Daily Inter Lake: Local/Montana) on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV (Hwy 93 victim dead after alleged Bigfoot stunt | Local News - Home ).

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.
And what are the chances the two girls knew each other and were texting each other at the time?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Heard this on the news this morning
Funny stuff !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

I think this thread should be renamed "Darwin Award" candidates but I think it would be a Copywrite violation. (There is a web site for that).

So, we will keep it as it is and try to remember that "They are out there!"
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #6

I'm confused. So it's OK to hit stuff in the road, as long as it's not a crazy person? Or if I see a Sasquatch in the road, I should try to hit it? Or should I just go around Montana instead of thru it.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote