Old 11-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
Had a agreed trade-in value on my old MH when I went to pickup new unit and after paying for it they asked for $5000.00 more because they said old unit needed work for them to resell. My answer " GO POUND SALT!!" and drove away with new one.

2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #12
Years ago, I was truck browsing on a Sunday when the dealer was closed and found one I liked. Called on Monday and was given a good price right over the phone. Went in to buy and was told the salesman I had just talked to no longer worked there, and the price he quoted was invalid. They told me he was fired for giving too good of deals! I figured it was some kind of bait and switch and did not buy anything from them. Quite a creative sales gimmick though.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
Here's the price with your trade... Go home, talk it over and decide what you want to do. Take your time the trailer isn't going anywhere!

That was our experience when were looking at buying the Sabre... Dealer never bugged us and we went back a few days later with a counter offer of some add on's. They didn't go for them all but they did give us a few extras...
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ CCLB DRW D/A - Transfer flow 40 gallon Toolbox/Tank Combo - Line X - Edge Insight

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
Looking at a 2014 Chatau about 2 months ago. It was probably laying around since 2013 lookes like it had some lot rot, we weren't that interested and told him we are not going to purchase until after Jan 1st, and I was told if I left $10,000 deposit he would hold it for us,wasn't that big ofim?
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
Your truck can pull it no's half ton towable !
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #16
My favorites are ""Out The Door" prices that do not include Freight, Dealer Prep, PDI or Sales Taxes".... Along with "We need a deposit to show you are serious."

The classic one for me though was when I was looking for a new truck a few years ago. While I was looking at the one I was considering I gave the sales guy the keys to my truck to appraise it. After a test drive when we started talking numbers their trade in offer was way low and their truck was above MSRP. I saw this dealer wasn't going to go anywhere and asked for my keys. The salesman said "We can't find them" and started the high pressure sales crap. I stopped him and said " Give me my keys now." He replied again that they had lost them and started telling me what a great deal it was again. I pulled out my cellphone and the salesman stopped his spiel and asked who I was calling. I replied I was calling 911 to report my truck as stolen. The little jerk jumped up and spilled his coffee all over himself and his desk while getting my keys out of his desk drawer. I couldn't quit laughing on my way out...
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Wilkin's RV in Hornell - the year was 1995, we were looking at a trailer there and found exactly what we were looking for. Haggled on price a little and made the deal that was good for both parties. Gave them the deposit, signed the contract and left. A couple of hours later we got a call from our salesman stating that "the old man, meaning Mr Wilkins i guess, wouldn't take the deal and told us it would cost $1000.00 when we picked it up. We said no way and insisted we had a signed contract. I told the salesman that the contract was void because he violated the terms. We got our deposit back and swore that we would go back. Fast forward to 2010. My wife found the perfect trailer and decided that we would give them a second chance. We drove there, about 75 miles, to look at it and was taken care of by Rick Mess, salesman. We went home to discuss the purchase and decided that we would get it. Rick contacted us and we gave him a deposit with our VISA over the phone. It wasn't 20 minutes later he called us back and stated "the old man, meaning Mr Wilkins i guess, wouldn't take the deal and told us it would cost $1000.00. They would not budge and I finally told them to keep it. I wonder how many people fell for this scam. NOT ME!!! I will never go back.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
I did put your name on it but a little old lady came in with cash, so, I'll order you a newer one. Which he did!!!!
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #19
Sales Gimmicks, lets hear them! here in Florida.. Salesman rights a price down..You counter and initial and he takes it to sales Manager... When I was car shopping ( and buying my Coach)all the salesman did the same thing..and they all got all upset because I refused to play... Last place I went I made it easy.. Gave them my price cash...salesman threw his pen down and said "no way" ..I got up and walked to my car.. Sales manager ran out and said they would do the deal..

I find dealing with any salesman very unpleasant .... ( and yes I understand it's there livelihood.. Still don't like it)
2010 Georgetown 300FWSSouth Florida
speedjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #20
Site Team
Salesman at local dealer didn't know answers to many of the questions we asked. When we got to price, he was 20% higher than my best offer. I told him I would split difference as he was local. He told me he had the best prices around and I could not have abetter price, but would look at it if I brought offer in writing from other dealer as he did not believe it. Told him thanks. He called me three days later and wanted to know when I would be in to sign deal. Told him I was just leaving to pick up the unit from the other dealer. He was shocked.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote