Old 12-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

Three Beers

A cowboy, who just moved to Wyoming from Texas , walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud. He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in Arizona , the other is in Colorado . When we all left our home in Texas , we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way. He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs. All the regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.

"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."

"Hasn't affected my brothers though."

Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #2

I got a good laugh form that, thanks!

Old 12-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #3

I will use this one Tonight! Youroo!!
Old 12-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
B47

This could be some what true. I'll explain why based on my own personal experience.

When I joined the Air Force in 1960, I was assigned to a base in Texas after basic training. A couple years later,I married a Texas girl.

Her parents lived in a small town where everybody knew everyone's else business and because her father was a prominent figure there,certain things were kept a secret - such as he and his wife enjoying a drink or two of Jim Beam each evening.

One day my FIL needed to resupply their Jim Beam supply. He invited me to go with him. We went to a small liquor store outside of town and drove around to the back. I was a bit surprised,wondering why we didn't just park in the front.

It turns out that there was a window in the back that you could drive up to and buy your liquor there. I asked my FIL what that was about and he told me that was the "Baptist Window" where the local Baptist people would buy their liquor and no one could see them doing it.

I swear this is a true story and I saw it with my own eyes.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #6

My first Father-in-Law in Arkansas had a Missionary Baptist wife that thought hell was full of drinkers. When I visited, while in the Air Force, we would go out to the barn and open his stash. He kept a half-pint of Old Crow in the battery box of his tractor. We would have a shot and get back to farm chores. It was a dry county, so I would drive 30 miles to get a new bottle before returning home. As it turned out, she had bigger sins going on, but that's another story. RIP Gene.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETCHIEF View Post
My first Father-in-Law in Arkansas had a Missionary Baptist wife that thought hell was full of drinkers. When I visited, while in the Air Force, we would go out to the barn and open his stash. He kept a half-pint of Old Crow in the battery box of his tractor. We would have a shot and get back to farm chores. It was a dry county, so I would drive 30 miles to get a new bottle before returning home. As it turned out, she had bigger sins going on, but that's another story. RIP Gene.
Similar to my experience. I wonder if this only happened or happens to Air Force guys.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #8

I guess we seek out the vulnerable young sweeties that have a dry family ethic. We introduce them to the dark side.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:

X3
2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS. Honda 2000i Genny, PI EMS-PT30C.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #10

Quote:

X4!

A bootlegger in a dry county in Texas explained the difference in religions.

The Jews don't recognize Jesus as The Prophet.

The Protestants don;t recognize the Pope as the Word of God.

Baptists don't recognize each other in LIquor stores...

panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote