Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Time to have some FUN

Spring is not getting here quick enough.

Post the most ridiculous, far fetched info just for kicks. Make it up.
Please keep it going just for laughs.

I installed a K&N air filter: I get 35 mpg now going downhill. I over-oil the filter and lubricate the engine at the same time.

Why don't they call it a brown water tank? What were those people eating that decided on black?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I put nitrogen in my trailer tires, and now I have to ride the brakes on my truck even going uphill.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

Why of course that Honda Ridgeline will pull that 34' 5th wheel! You just need a slider hitch...........
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #4

You kids have it so easy these days. When I was a kid we had to walk 20 miles to school in -50 degree weather with a cook stove strapped to our back....up hill, BOTH ways.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
You kids have it so easy these days. When I was a kid we had to walk 20 miles to school in -50 degree weather with a cook stove strapped to our back....up hill, BOTH ways.
And you were glad to do it too!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Check out The Little Car that Couldn't on YouTube.com. It's what not to do ever.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #7

My wife has a 2003 Ford Escape. We're not sure if we want to get a Geogetoen or Lexington to pull behind it. HA! Toad indeed!!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #8

Fire starters seem to be a HOT TOPIC... I run a small extension cord that I used to use for my christmas lights, of course the grounding stud has to be cut off, then I connect one of the multiple outlet office power strips, wrapped tinfoil around all the fuses, then I use as many extension cords as possible to run everything in my trailer, the neighbors trailer and several space heaters at full power.

I stack small kindling all around the power strip, soaked in kerosene, and place the strip in the fire pit.

To make it even more fun, I take all my shredded paper and soak it in petroleum jelly, let it cure for a few weeks until it is like a gooey booger, then roll it in black powder, kinda of the opposite effect of powder sugar on doghnuts, then I plug in the small cord I have adapted with a 50 amp plug,

Within seconds I have a fire only a white man can appreciate! (indians make small fire, stand up close, white man makes big fire, stands way back) WOW, where did the eyebrows go?
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #9

That was awesome. I almost choked on my lunch!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Fire starters seem to be a HOT TOPIC... I run a small extension cord that I used to use for my christmas lights, of course the grounding stud has to be cut off, then I connect one of the multiple outlet office power strips, wrapped tinfoil around all the fuses, then I use as many extension cords as possible to run everything in my trailer, the neighbors trailer and several space heaters at full power.

I stack small kindling all around the power strip, soaked in kerosene, and place the strip in the fire pit.

To make it even more fun, I take all my shredded paper and soak it in petroleum jelly, let it cure for a few weeks until it is like a gooey booger, then roll it in black powder, kinda of the opposite effect of powder sugar on doghnuts, then I plug in the small cord I have adapted with a 50 amp plug,

Within seconds I have a fire only a white man can appreciate! (indians make small fire, stand up close, white man makes big fire, stands way back) WOW, where did the eyebrows go?
LMAO

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I installed a K&N air filter and my gas mileage improved sooo much that the oil company paid me to remove it, and now they give me gas free to keep it out.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
I installed a K&N air filter and my gas mileage improved sooo much that the oil company paid me to remove it, and now they give me gas free to keep it out.
COOL, and to think that some of these people don't think it saves gas and improves horsepower. I'll contact them, they can park a tanker next to the motorhome!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #13

Borrowing from the expansive research done by the Honda street racer crowd I installed a wing on the top of the motorhome at the back (adds 10hp) followed by a cold air intake (adds 20hp) , carbon fiber air damn under the front bumper (manufacturer claims it will add 30hp and I believe them cause they would never punk me), large chrome muffler (adds 42hp and about 150db), 30" chrome wheels (adds 5hp), quad amps pushing 2000 watts of power to the 14 subwoofers mounted in my storage compartments. to top it off I added some japanese writing on the side of the rig (it's good for another 10hp if ya didn't know that).

I can now beat a fully loaded double gravel truck off the line with my RV like he is standing still. I'm so bad now!

With all the increased horsepower I can now out-pull the biggest Peterbuilt.

I have a race scheduled with a farmers barn later this week. He doesn't stand a chance. After I beat him I'm gonna go sucker punch a few babies just cause I'm hardcore and that's the way "I roll"
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #14

I have a buddy who is an aircraft mechanic, he rigged my suburban with some surplus Autopilot parts, tapped in to my handheld Garmin GPS, so now I just enter my destination in the GPS, it auto routes my destination, the built in altimeter recognizes when I am going up hill or down hill and adjusts my split rear-end from 3.23 gears to 4.11 gears, and drags the trailer brakes just a tad when going down hill. I can (well the autopilot can) drive cross country holding my desired speed even on 8% grades, stop at the appropriate fuel stops and even self calibrate for sidewind forces.

I set the coordinates, pop open a cold one, take a nap and wake up rested to enjoy my vacation!

The only thing I now need is to figure out how to get those damn volkswagon beetles out of my way and back in the pot-holes where they belong!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

ATTENTION: It's time to start removing that old winter air from your tires and put in some fresh spring air. It adds at least 4-5 mpg because it's spring fresh not old stale winter stuff. For those of you that didn't put in new winter air and are still using last years summer air. You'll need to get a recovery tank and reclaim it. We don't want that old smelly stuff venting into the atmosphere and causing more global warming problems. That's all we need is (4) 20" plus snow storms with temps in the teens.
REMEMBER:The Al Gore Police are watching!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
ATTENTION: It's time to start removing that old winter air from your tires and put in some fresh spring air. It adds at least 4-5 mpg because it's spring fresh not old stale winter stuff. For those of you that didn't put in new winter air and are still using last years summer air. You'll need to get a recovery tank and reclaim it. We don't want that old smelly stuff venting into the atmosphere and causing more global warming problems. That's all we need is (4) 20" plus snow storms with temps in the teens.
REMEMBER:The Al Gore Police are watching!

Something like this was written up in a 4x4 magazine about all the Jeeps letting their contaminated air from all over the states out of their tires in Moab and ruining their air and that they wanted Jeepers to let the air out of their tires at an approved reclimation station and they could only refill at an approve "clean air" station too. An environmental group was credited with being behind it.

Needless to say the article raised all kinds of fuss and angry letters started flying around untill it was revealed that it was an April Fools joke by the magazine. It sure fooled and miffed a lot of guys though.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #17

I was confused when I heard the word "SERVICE" used with these agencies:

Internal Revenue Service
U.S. Postal Service
Television Service
Cable TV Service
Civil Service
State, City, County and Public Service
Customer Service

This is not what I thought SERVICE meant

But today I overheard two farmers talking and one of them said he had hired a bull to SERVICE a few of his cows.

BAM!!! It all came into focus. I now understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

Now you are as enlightened as I am.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Borrowing from the expansive research done by the Honda street racer crowd I installed a wing on the top of the motorhome at the back (adds 10hp) followed by a cold air intake (adds 20hp) , carbon fiber air damn under the front bumper (manufacturer claims it will add 30hp and I believe them cause they would never punk me), large chrome muffler (adds 42hp and about 150db), 30" chrome wheels (adds 5hp), quad amps pushing 2000 watts of power to the 14 subwoofers mounted in my storage compartments. to top it off I added some japanese writing on the side of the rig (it's good for another 10hp if ya didn't know that).

I can now beat a fully loaded double gravel truck off the line with my RV like he is standing still. I'm so bad now!

With all the increased horsepower I can now out-pull the biggest Peterbuilt.

I have a race scheduled with a farmers barn later this week. He doesn't stand a chance. After I beat him I'm gonna go sucker punch a few babies just cause I'm hardcore and that's the way "I roll"

JEEZ!! And I thought those motorhomes were ROCKIN' from something else. Didn't know it was your massive SUB!!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to help.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #20

flyrotor,
sounds like a great setup - can you give me the name of your buddy who installed your setup. I have a Garmin and really like the fact that you can set the coordinates and let the gps guide you to your destination. I would like to try it on my motorhome- maybe we can start a business setting others up as well!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote