Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 31
Why Seniors Still Need Newspapers

I was visiting my daughter last night and when I asked her if I could borrow a newspaper.

"For Gods sake Dad, this is the 21st century," she said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, use my iPad."

I can tell you this. That bloody fly never knew what hit him.
__________________

__________________
NeedMoreLeisureTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 336
Good one!
__________________

__________________
Buck1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Really thought the punch line was going to be: Daughter was mad about poo on the screen.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Somewhat similar age difference experience - I found myself in need of a simple old fashion shoehorn. I was in a Walmart SuperCenter and figured they would certainly have one so I go over to their shoe department and see all kinds of shoe accessories,everything but shoe horns.

I finally gave up looking and asked the young lady in the department where the shoe horns were. She honestly didn't have any idea what a shoe horn was.

I ended up going to another place,brought a new pair of shoes and received a couple shoe horns in the deal.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dannyabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 480
At WalMart I figured she would ask you why do you want a horn for your shoes
__________________
Danny & Darlene
2002 Silverado 1500HD
2014 Rockwood 2703WS 'Emerald Pkg'
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
At WalMart I figured she would ask you why do you want a horn for your shoes
I think I so confused her with my question,she just shorted out.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreLeisureTime View Post
I was visiting my daughter last night and when I asked her if I could borrow a newspaper.

"For Gods sake Dad, this is the 21st century," she said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, use my iPad."

I can tell you this. That bloody fly never knew what hit him.
Keep 'em coming
__________________
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn traded in
2018 RAM 5500 in the pipe
Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Somewhat similar age difference experience - I found myself in need of a simple old fashion shoehorn. I was in a Walmart SuperCenter and figured they would certainly have one so I go over to their shoe department and see all kinds of shoe accessories,everything but shoe horns.

I finally gave up looking and asked the young lady in the department where the shoe horns were. She honestly didn't have any idea what a shoe horn was.

I ended up going to another place,brought a new pair of shoes and received a couple shoe horns in the deal.
Should have tried the Loonie Store, they even have the long ones so you don't have to bend over to put put them on
__________________
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn traded in
2018 RAM 5500 in the pipe
Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Somewhat similar age difference experience - I found myself in need of a simple old fashion shoehorn. I was in a Walmart SuperCenter and figured they would certainly have one so I go over to their shoe department and see all kinds of shoe accessories,everything but shoe horns...
Always heard them called shoe spoons.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
I bought a local newspaper this morning, almost forgot how to fold it back up.....

Oh, it was a dollar so I'll get the rest of the local news off the net.
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.