Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #21

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. You need to send that one into one of those funniest home video shows.
hikenhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #22

This is probably not going to go over well, but I'm thinking that some sort of extra DMV test to drive an RV (especially with a toad) might not be a terrible idea. It would keep guys like this off the road and lower insurance rates for the rest of us. It is amazing to me that you need a CDL to drive an 18 wheeler, but any doofus can get behind the wheel of a Class A, toad and all, and just go to town in most states.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #23

I am very impressed that the China tires lasted that long,the Goodyears in Nascar blow in one spin! Did you see if he was running the correct air pressure? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I am very impressed that the China tires lasted that long,the Goodyears in Nascar blow in one spin! Did you see if he was running the correct air pressure? Youroo!!
He had it in "Park"
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
This is probably not going to go over well, but I'm thinking that some sort of extra DMV test to drive an RV (especially with a toad) might not be a terrible idea. It would keep guys like this off the road and lower insurance rates for the rest of us. It is amazing to me that you need a CDL to drive an 18 wheeler, but any doofus can get behind the wheel of a Class A, toad and all, and just go to town in most states.
I have said that for years. I have a class A CDL and have seen rvs and TT going down the rd taller,wider, and longer than the trucks i have to have a cdl to drive.
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
He had it in "Park"
Was his name (Kyle Busch)? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #27
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post

What is ever worse is in my state I can go out and set up a triple. I see people do it all the time.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #28

I never get tired of watching that.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #29

The guy filming this is a fool also, what if the truck had slid sideways and hit another car. The filmer could have told the guy in the parking lot or flagged him down.Making fun of someones mistake is disrespectful.
unlblkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

What amazes me is how fast this went from a civil discussion to name calling and hard feelings. Everyone should take this as a lesson on how NOT to conduct ourselves in an open forum.

I am going to clean this up, but I am of two minds doing so.

There really is a lesson here, (as painful to read as it is).
Go back and look at the comments you each have made, and it's contribution to an ultimately "out of control" thread.

Wounded (and potentially wounding) words need to be read and re-read before you fire off a "submit reply." How is this post going to help the understanding of the thread, or is it going to make it worse.

Hopefully, my post will cool things, but I think this has gone too far and we have lost a member who may have one day helped us with a problem or needed our help and did not get it.

I also made a post some time ago about posting replies without a thorough read of previous posts (even in a long thread) to avoid repeats of previous suggestions. Maybe I should add "watch the whole thing" before making a derogatory comment about a video as well.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #31

I've seen this video before and the guy was just embarrassed that he had not made all proper adjustments to tow. That is why he just took off again.
firephighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #32

Less than a year ago I joined this forum. I made a comment about how I enjoyed the tips, humor and manners everyone showed to other members on the forum. Poor spelling is overlooked, bad wording is overlooked with positive answers or questions to clarify a question.
I have joined other forums that I have since left due to the poor conduct of the members on line. I left a comment similiar to this one and was told if my skin is not thick enough then go elsewhere. When I seen this thread heading in the direction of degregration (right word?) I was really disappointed. In the world we live in today with so much violence in our countries and war in the world, this is a nice place to go and realize we can be friends with our neighbors. All we need to do is ask ourselves, "why do we need to hurt each other?" and answer ourselves, "we don't."
Old 11-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #33

Although this is a very friendly forum, the tolerance for ignorance is low, as it should be. New members who think it is acceptable to swear and call other posters names need to be corrected quickly.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #34

I sense there has been an Epiphany. Must be the season upon us. Good will to all men and women.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #35

I think we ALL need to cut the driver some slack. We didn't see what happened later, but he DID keep the toad behind the motorhome!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
Less than a year ago I joined this forum. I made a comment about how I enjoyed the tips, humor and manners everyone showed to other members on the forum. Poor spelling is overlooked, bad wording is overlooked with positive answers or questions to clarify a question.
I have joined other forums that I have since left due to the poor conduct of the members on line. I left a comment similiar to this one and was told if my skin is not thick enough then go elsewhere. When I seen this thread heading in the direction of degregration (right word?) I was really disappointed. In the world we live in today with so much violence in our countries and war in the world, this is a nice place to go and realize we can be friends with our neighbors. All we need to do is ask ourselves, "why do we need to hurt each other?" and answer ourselves, "we don't."

X2 Cheers!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
What amazes me is how fast this went from a civil discussion to name calling and hard feelings. Everyone should take this as a lesson on how NOT to conduct ourselves in an open forum.

I am going to clean this up, but I am of two minds doing so.

There really is a lesson here, (as painful to read as it is).
Go back and look at the comments you each have made, and it's contribution to an ultimately "out of control" thread.

Wounded (and potentially wounding) words need to be read and re-read before you fire off a "submit reply." How is this post going to help the understanding of the thread, or is it going to make it worse.

Hopefully, my post will cool things, but I think this has gone too far and we have lost a member who may have one day helped us with a problem or needed our help and did not get it.

I also made a post some time ago about posting replies without a thorough read of previous posts (even in a long thread) to avoid repeats of previous suggestions. Maybe I should add "watch the whole thing" before making a derogatory comment about a video as well.

Well put Lou. I couldn't see any reason why this thread was deteriorating as it was. There was no need.

Happy Camping !!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #38

Wow, where do I start with this thread? If I were prone to knee-jerk reactions, mine towards unlblkrubi would probably be “Good riddance,” or some such sentiment. But being the patient, thoughtful, intelligent person that I am, I thought a more thorough response was in order.

First off, I think it’s sad that you would choose to leave these forums because of someone else’s sense of humor (or your lack thereof.) These boards are your best resource not only for learning about your particular camper, but also benefiting from many man-hours (not to exclude all our DWs, of course) of camping experience: what works and doesn’t, places to go and avoid, products that can enhance your camping experience, and tips and ideas that you WILL NEVER come up with on your own. I've learned more here in the past month than I've learned on many other forums, and the people in here are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Second, you can’t impose what YOU think is an appropriate idea of “sense of humor” on someone else. The cameraman in this case was trying to catch up with the idiot in question (hereafter referred to as “The Driver,”) at a cost to him of time, fuel, and possibly getting a speeding ticket, all to attempt to inform The Driver of his error. He even chose to turn the camera off so as to save The Driver from potential embarrassment. It was only after The Driver was informed of his error and chose not to admit it or attempt to rectify it in any way that the ridicule began.

We’ve all made mistakes--pulled out of the campground with the jacks down, or left the toad in park, whatever. But if we don’t admit our mistakes and gratefully acknowledge those who try to help us correct them (either in person or on forums like these,) that’s when we officially become STUPID. Then you are fair game for more public and/or Internet ridicule. As someone earlier who was a teacher stated, “people are stupid.” Trust me, I work in healthcare and I deal with people daily, and the public is largely stupid. I even work with the older members of our society, and there’s no lack of stupidity and stubbornness there--at least the kids being taught in the classroom have an excuse--they’re young and inexperienced. But anyone old enough to drive a MH with a toad should be mature enough to admit when they’re wrong and at least attempt to fix it. If you’re going to leave us because you’re too close-minded to realize that, then you're only depriving yourself of a valuable resource that may help you greatly both now and in the future. Too bad for you.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #39

Were some posts deleted? The ones I read did make fun of the guy in the video but I didn't read any with personal assaults towards other people in the forum.
Just wondered.

btw.. I do agree that words meant to anger, embarrass or degrade other contributors should not be tolerated by any of us. This is too valuable of a resource for us to allow thoughtless people ruin it. My 2c.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote