Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #1

Your Facebook policy to them

Anyone who has a Facebook should cut and paste this on your page.
Telling Facebook they have no right to share your pictures to other than your friends.

To Facebook's privacy policy: Better safe than sorry. As of October 15, 2013 at 4:11pm Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute).

NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
Site Team

This is a hoax.
http://facecrooks.com/Scam-Watch/pri...stitution.html

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
Site Team

Hoax
http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/privacy.asp

Old 10-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
B47

Yes it's a hoax, but it's intention is not. Everyone who posts on FB, Twitter,the Internet,etc should realize that anything they post on these things is that once they click the "send" button their message,photo(s), private information not meant to be shared with anyone other than the senders intended recipient, that information is now out there for anyone to see,share,use, and forward to whomever they choose for whatever purpose they choose.

And No, pushing the "Delete" button doesn't really delete it - just ask any computer expert or especially Uncle Sam.

Be careful out there in cypherspace.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Everyone who posts on FB, Twitter,the Internet,etc should realize that anything they post on these things is that once they click the "send" button their message,photo(s), private information not meant to be shared with anyone other than the senders intended recipient, that information is now out there for anyone to see,share,use, and forward to whomever they choose for whatever purpose they choose.
I totally disagree that "anyone" now has access to those things.

There are certainly ways for folks with the right skills to get access to things, but not the general statement you made. That's where these hoaxes originate.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post

There are certainly ways for folks with the right skills to get access to things, but not the general statement you made. That's where these hoaxes originate.
So let's just define "anyone" to mean "...folks with the right skills to get access to things" - the point is still the same.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Site Team

If it has uploaded to the world wide web, it is there forever.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
That and if it's texted.

At least that's what I'm trying to teach my kids!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

That and if it's texted.

You are correct to some extent. The main things is, when you send it, you give up ownership and have no control or say about what others do with it.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
You are correct to some extent. The main things is, when you send it, you give up ownership and have no control or say about what others do with it.
Technically, you don't give up "ownership" - copyright rules protect you there. But you do definitely give up control. Once it's out there, you can't far it back.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Technically, you don't give up "ownership" - copyright rules protect you there. But you do definitely give up control. Once it's out there, you can't far it back.
You both sum it up very well - if you don't ever ever want what you send out to be seen by others,then don't send it out.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:

Understood. But in my experience working in the high tech crime unit, copyright never came up in criminal cases. Courts treat it as something you put on the curb for trash. There are some exceptions, ebooks, commercial videos, works of art etc. I am speaking mostly about uploaded pictures, messages, personal profile info etc.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post

Quote:
So let's just define "anyone" to mean "...folks with the right skills to get access to things" - the point is still the same.
It's not hard to get these skills. They are all kind of youtube videos and free websites that show how.

Quote:
Quote:
That and if it's texted.

It doesn't even had to be uploaded, and can reside on your computer or phone. I have first hand experience with all of this.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #14

Quote:
You both sum it up very well - if you don't ever ever want what you send out to be seen by others,then don't send it out.

That is the bottom line right there.
Never joined a SN, never will.

AOL = Facebook = myspace = tumblr = no value to me.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Site Team

Funny. 100 years from now some teacher will show this forum to her students and they'll be thinking "what are they talking about? Privacy? What is that?" Lol.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Funny. 100 years from now some teacher will show this forum to her students and they'll be thinking "what are they talking about? Privacy? What is that?" Lol.
I figure a 100 years from now, there won't be any teachers........but a pill you take for your education.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
That is the bottom line right there. Never joined a SN, never will. AOL = Facebook = myspace = tumblr = no value to me.
You're on a form of social networks now.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #18

Quote:
You're on a form of social networks now.

Very true but this one and a few others have educational benefits the ones I posted not so much..
Old 10-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Very true but this one and a few others have educational benefits the ones I posted not so much..
I think it all depend on how you use them. There are RVing groups and other club-like groups. For instance, I am in a group for members of Thousand trails that I've gotten useful information about their parks. Not much different than this.

The popular social networks aren't inherently evil like some people like to believe.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
I honestly dont care what they do with my stuff I'm just careful what I put on there for that reason
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote