Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #1

19WP outside jacks not labeled

On my 2012 19WP, I have several jacks which are not labeled. The trailer was delivered with most of the decals missing.

There are two coaxial connections on the "utilities" (port) side of the trailer. I assume one is cable and the second satellite. However, I don't know where the satellite connection actually goes, because there is only one coaxial connection inside the trailer at the antenna booster. I also don't know which one is cable and which one is satellite.

There is one coaxial connection and one video connection on the awning side of the trailer. I assume the video connection is the DVD player output. The coaxial connection could be antenna, the cable connection, or a satellite connection.

Any thoughts? I'm obviously new to RV television wiring!

Thanks in advance.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #2

Did some wire checks

In order to determine how the trailer was wired, I removed the antenna booster and checked each wire.

The antenna booster has three input wires:
1) Satellite (not connected to the booster switch)
2) Cable
3) Antenna

The booster has two switched outputs. There is the connection on the front of the booster as well as an output connection on the back of the booster.

When the booster is "on" the cable appears to be "off". I couldn't check this thoroughly because I don't have cable.

The rear output of the booster feeds the coaxial jack on the right side of the trailer. The rear output of the booster also goes through a splitter and provides an antenna signal to the radio/DVD player.

The satellite has its own connection for the television and is not affected by the position of the booster switch.

The outside yellow RCA jack is the output of the DVD player. The Touch Audio DVD player is coded for the wrong region, so I am unable to play any commercial USA DVDs. Edit: I upgraded the firmware and now it works correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0016.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	34672   Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0013.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	34673  
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote