Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 05:33 PM   #41

You know, I actually thought about bags at first for my F250 but mine only drops maybe 1.5" in the rear, if that. I asked our family mechanic and he said that the previous owner added some heavy duty leaf springs and front coils so it sits real nice. Surprisingly, even lifted a bit, still rides very very smoothly.

Funny you mentioned the hot and cold fittings. I remembered your pic you took of yours while I was camping this last weekend and went to check mine but could not remember where you said they were lol. I couldn't even figure out how to get the dumb sliding drawers out hahah!

If you figure out the plumbing let me know too! I also have the two tanks so any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh... and ALWAYS use your pressure regulator. It's in the RV bible somewhere.
2014 Brute Force 300 (daughters)
2016 Days Camped: 22
Check Us Out On YOUTUBE!!
PolarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #42
AMG

Yeah, I get more sag than that for sure. I have the stock leafs, but the airbags do the job beautifully. An on-board compressor would sure be nice, but I dont tow enough to justify the expense, and my electric compressor I manually hookup and fill is still real quick.

The drawers come out easy. There is a little black plastic stick on each side. Pull the drawer towards you, then push one stick up on one side, and one stick down on the other, then pull and the drawer comes fully out. Then just push the slides in fully. You can re-install the drawer simply by lining it up, and pushing them in. It auto locks (those black plastic sticks go back to their original position). You'll be able to see the water heater back there next to the shower hookup. It's covered in closed cell foam, like those crappy coolers at 7-11 for $8.

Yeah, I dont know why my brain didn't think about the pressure regulator, but going forward for sure. And like I said, it may not have made a difference, but it also may have. So better safe than sorry, going forward.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #43
AMG

PolarisGuy, you aware we need a non-commercial class-A to pull this? Ugh. I had no idea. Hopefully I never get pulled over for it.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
PolarisGuy, you aware we need a non-commercial class-A to pull this? Ugh. I had no idea. Hopefully I never get pulled over for it.
Yes, however, my neighbor is a CHP and he and a few other law enforcement buddies of mine said that they won't ever site you for it unless you are doing something REALLY stupid such as driving recklessly, over the speed limit, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. He even told me that the chance of everyone having a non commercial class A license for weight issues would be about 1 in every 100.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #45
AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisGuy View Post
Yes, however, my neighbor is a CHP and he and a few other law enforcement buddies of mine said that they won't ever site you for it unless you are doing something REALLY stupid such as driving recklessly, over the speed limit, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. He even told me that the chance of everyone having a non commercial class A license for weight issues would be about 1 in every 100.
Yeah, it's a gamble. I am debating getting it though. It could be kind of fun.

A friend of mine who has a TH as well said that he has seen once after holiday weekend leaving Glamis, CHP had a stop before getting on the highway where they were randomly checking people. He has a commercial Class-A, and said he didn't even get asked (his TH isnt a 3+ axle). But yeah it's a gamble...

I was thinking, that if I can rent a trailer with a 10,000+ GVWR that isn't really long (less than my 35' for example), and low (like for moving cars, but like 3 axle) maybe it would make the test real easy to be able to back it up and be able to see out your rear view window too. It'd be much easier than with the 35'er
Old 08-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #46

I wish I could've tested then last weekend when I backed into our site in the non-hookup campground we stayed at. Even the ranger asked if I had been there with this 35' trailer and I said no. She kinda gave me a look like... "good luck" lol and I went on my marry way. Took three of us to get it in but only pulled forward once to correct. BOOM! Hahaha!

Great idea about the trailer too!

I had my commercial Class A about 10 years ago. The test/drive portion was a pita. but was still kinda fun. I drove for Budweiser btw. I regret ever letting it go but I'm sure the non commercial test would be MUCH easier.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #47
Senior Members

VERY SIMILAR...13398-c2 Schwintek In-wall slide

Lippert_13398-c2_by-pass_wiring.pdf
We purchased a Sunseeker Class C last year. Used it all last summer with no problems.
Took the unit out of storage and de-winterized it just after Easter.
When we were loading up to go on our first trip of this season, I noticed the slide was out and asked my wife if she had put it out for some reason to which she replied that she hadn't, so I retracted it...Hmmmmmm?

We went to our destination and had some issues with getting the slide to go out, but didn't think anything about it until we were getting ready to leave. The slide wouldn't come in!!!
I checked the power and the fuse and all was good.
We checked online for some forums to see what to do and found numerous recommended solutions but the general consencus was to find the controller and do a reset.
When I found it I realized what had probably happened...
The controller was mounted directly under the 12V water pump (BAD choice on Forest River's part!) and when I was bleeding the air out of the water lines during de-winterization, water entered the controller and shorted out the extend circuit!
Not knowing what had occurred, I think the issue with getting the slide out again burned up the controller, No LED's, No Reset...
I have enough knowledge about the workings of DC circuits and was able to by-pass the controller and jumper the motors to get the slide back in.

If you are stuck in this situation where the controller is bad but the motors are still good, AND are comfortable performing the task, I have attached a by-pass wiring schematic to get you back home or to a service center.
If nothing else, show my solution to your Roadside Assistant Technician and he can do it for you?

CAUTION***REMEMBER TO BLOCK THE SLIDE INSIDE THE UNIT SO IT DOESN'T MOVE OUT WHILE TRAVELLING!!!

As commented on by previous threads, accessing & disconnecting the motors wasn't an option since my wife & I couldn't get the slide to push in.

I am awaiting a new module from my local RV dealer, and will be SURE to have them relocate it as far away from the water pump as possible!
GOOD LUCK, hope this helps someone else out of a bad situation!!
BOENCARLE is offline   Reply With Quote