Old 07-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #11

You didn't connect to a circuit with shore power that was wired 220 instead of 120 because all campers are 120 volts wether it is a 50 amp or 30 amp and I seen people put a connection at their house to hook up the camper and they run two 120 legs which gives you 220 and will cook breakers, converters and circuit boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #12

Nope, no chance it was ever plugged into 220. When the initial problem occurred it was running off batteries only. Only time the generator was used that weekend was a few minutes to run microwave.

With help from this forum I found that one of the two DC breakers had tripped. Reset and all was fine for a few days. Since then, has quit working again and now both circuit breakers on A-frame have tripped and will not reset, even with no power going to them. I did find out though that the extension cord being used last week going from the house to trailer had a short. Would a 110V short be able to do anything to short out the 12V breakers?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #13

It should have tripped in the house first if you had a bad cord. Have you changed the outside breakers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #14

Not yet, dealer is sending me a couple and should have them in a day or two. Will let everyone know whether that takes care of the problem or if they end up blowing too.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #15

Received two new 30 amp circuit breakers from the dealer in the mail yesterday. Installed and all seems to be good now.

I'm not sure why they blew up in the first place, but they are bridged together with a buss bar which is probably why they both went. I will have to monitor them for a couple weeks and cross my fingers.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Tags
battery