Old 12-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

3 season doors.

I'm interested in a trailer that has the three season doors already installed. I was going to order the same trailer without them because I know it takes up garage space. Is it possible that the two operable panels be in the open position during transport? I can back my 4 seat rzr in the garage and my front bumper will clear the doors. My rzr is 12' 8" rear to front bumper. Garage on xlr is 13'
Thanks

y0manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #2

The panels that slide open and close can be left open. We often leave ours open when traveling. Obviously, the outer panels have to stay in place since they only swing outward when you need bring in a "toy".

By the way. That is really squeezing it in. I would most definitely load your RZR in one before you sign any papers. I think leaving the 3 Season doors off is a good idea for you.

KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

That's good news. However the unit that had them installed was just sold. I ordered a trailer without them because they take up 7 inches of garage space.
Thanks for the reply
Old 12-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #4
Usually Confused Member

I wouldn't count on the numbers published to be totally accurate. You want to put a 12'8" unit into a 13' space. That only leaves you four inches. Add on the ramp deck railing and you only have 2". Looks like you need a different model trailer with a minimum of 14'. Even that doesn't leave you much room to move around in the garage.

As previously mentioned you should do a test load of the RZR into whatever trailer you want BEFORE spending any money.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

My front bumper can be removed if need be. Rzr is 12' 4". I guess I can call forest river tomorrow to confirm exact garage measurements. I needed a garage model with two full baths. No 14' garages have that.

Tags
door