Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #101

Just a little note/update. The water cover that I switched to twist lock instead of that annoying key fell out on my first long road trip. Not sure if I forgot to fasten it when I winterized but I saw it flapping in the wind when I was going down the Interstate. When I got to a truck stop I checked and the whole lock was gone. The flap wasn't broken so not sure how it came out. I'll need to find a better lock I think. This one didn't latch as securely as I would like. I hated fumbling around with the key, especially in the dark so I will not be going back to a keyed lock.

Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #102
Usually Confused Member

I think the water access door is the same on your FW as I have on the TT. Just installed Camco 44333 latch. Had to trim the offset bar a little but it works great. Don't know why Vengeance wants to lock the panel. Maybe to keep homeless people from stealing a shower?
Robot Check

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I think the water access door is the same on your FW as I have on the TT. Just installed Camco 44333 latch. Had to trim the offset bar a little but it works great. Don't know why Vengeance wants to lock the panel. Maybe to keep homeless people from stealing a shower?
Robot Check
Yeah that's the same lock I used. I'll order another. It's possible I just forgot to lock it when I did the winterize back in October/November time frame. I do recall thinking that the latch part did not seem to grab well so I may take a dremel with me and see about notching the plastic so it grabs better.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
Just a little note/update. The water cover that I switched to twist lock instead of that annoying key fell out on my first long road trip. Not sure if I forgot to fasten it when I winterized but I saw it flapping in the wind when I was going down the Interstate. When I got to a truck stop I checked and the whole lock was gone. The flap wasn't broken so not sure how it came out. I'll need to find a better lock I think. This one didn't latch as securely as I would like. I hated fumbling around with the key, especially in the dark so I will not be going back to a keyed lock.

I changed mine as well cause you gave me the idea.I made sure that the wing nut was really tight but where it latches it would not lock well. I ended up having to grind alittle off the end of it and that finally made it close tight again. Iam glad you didn't lose the whole door.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #105

Yeah I bet finding a new door for that cover would be a pain. My old camper didn't have that flap.
I got new tow mirrors for my new truck. I am hoping to install them this weekend.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #106

I ordered a new lock and it should be here tomorrow. I installed the tow mirrors on the truck. They look really nice and they should do the job with the fifth wheel behind me now.

Has anyone come up with a way to put a screen door in that divider between garage and living room? I wonder if I can make one or buy a pre-built one? My kids typically use the garage door to go in and out of the garage area. I want to help cut down on flies in the camper and think a sliding screen door would be perfect. There does appear to be a groove that one would fit into. Any ideas yet?
Old 04-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #107

Has anyone come up with a way to put a screen door in that divider between garage and living room? I wonder if I can make one or buy a pre-built one? My kids typically use the garage door to go in and out of the garage area. I want to help cut down on flies in the camper and think a sliding screen door would be perfect. There does appear to be a groove that one would fit into. Any ideas yet?[/QUOTE]

That is interesting, I have one on my 398v from the factory!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #108

Quote:
I ordered a new lock and it should be here tomorrow. I installed the tow mirrors on the truck. They look really nice and they should do the job with the fifth wheel behind me now.

Has anyone come up with a way to put a screen door in that divider between garage and living room? I wonder if I can make one or buy a pre-built one? My kids typically use the garage door to go in and out of the garage area. I want to help cut down on flies in the camper and think a sliding screen door would be perfect. There does appear to be a groove that one would fit into. Any ideas yet?
Love the color of your truck ( mine is the same) and you will love your tow mirrors.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #109

First trip out this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461423468258.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	105811  
Old 04-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #110

Quote:
First trip out this year.
Sweeeettt glad you were able to get out. It's a beautiful weekend here for camping but we can't get out due to our kids having to much sports going on. Have fun.