Old 08-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #181

Anyone else's bouncing a lot after you are set up? We were at Anchor Down RV Resort on a nice concrete pad. I used my normal wheel chocks and one X-chock. I double checked the rear jacks an they were tight. The thing bounced a lot. I am waiting till a local rally here in September to go jump in other peoples that have the JT Strongarms installed.

Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #182

I get some the last time I set up seem to have more I am still new setting up the camper figured I did something wrong

Old 08-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
Anyone else's bouncing a lot after you are set up? We were at Anchor Down RV Resort on a nice concrete pad. I used my normal wheel chocks and one X-chock. I double checked the rear jacks an they were tight. The thing bounced a lot. I am waiting till a local rally here in September to go jump in other peoples that have the JT Strongarms installed.
Do you have a king pin stabilizer? We have one & it takes alot of the bounce out . Iam not good with sending links but go to camping world & search for it. It's basically a tripod that attaches to your king pin. You can find them on sale alot at camping world too.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB TN View Post
Do you have a king pin stabilizer? We have one & it takes alot of the bounce out . Iam not good with sending links but go to camping world & search for it. It's basically a tripod that attaches to your king pin. You can find them on sale alot at camping world too.
I don't have the tripod but I have heard positive and negatives on those. I hate to go spend money guessing on what will fix the issue. I'll hold out till this rally but was just curious what others are doing, if anything.

My Grey Wolf was bouncy as well and I thought a larger unit would stop the bounce but it's just as bad or worse. On this trip my wife said it was worse and I realized I had forgotten to set the X-chock. It was more stable but still bouncy after I set it.

Still kinda kicking myself that I didn't plan my trip better so that I could have stopped by LBTN. My drive back took me 15 hours.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #185

Quote:
I don't have the tripod but I have heard positive and negatives on those. I hate to go spend money guessing on what will fix the issue. I'll hold out till this rally but was just curious what others are doing, if anything.

My Grey Wolf was bouncy as well and I thought a larger unit would stop the bounce but it's just as bad or worse. On this trip my wife said it was worse and I realized I had forgotten to set the X-chock. It was more stable but still bouncy after I set it.

Still kinda kicking myself that I didn't plan my trip better so that I could have stopped by LBTN. My drive back took me 15 hours.
That tripod does wonders for us our camper doesn't have any bounce or should I say none that's noticeable. Hopefully others will chime in & give their advice on how to help you with it. No worries about the trip but it would had been cool to hook up & maybe camped together a couple of nights. Maybe next time or if we ever head your way I'll let you know. Hopefully yall had a great trip, but I know after a long trip it sure is nice to come home to a house.☺
Old 08-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #186

I have a trip I am planning for Pensacola next summer. Taking all the kids to the beach for a week.

Has anyone swapped out the mattress yet? We put a topper on ours but it's only about 2 inches thick. We need a new mattress in the house so I was thinking of taking that queen to the camper and get a new one for the house.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #187

Nice!! I like the idea of camping on the beach we also might try and plan something like that next year.

As far as the mattress we did the same thing and added 4 inch foam and it's still horrible. I would have to stick with the king size due to Iam to use to it. Sorry I can't help but I sure would like to know the same thing.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #188

I wonder if this ladder is similar to the Harbor Freight one? This is at Menards this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471467638696.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	117598  
Old 08-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #189

Quote:
I wonder if this ladder is similar to the Harbor Freight one? This is at Menards this week.
It's looks very similar to it. Speaking of ladders I was looking up our Vengeance's 320a model and it looks like some or most of the 17 models that are out there for sale have the factory ladders on them. Go figure.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #190

Hello everybody, We bought our vengeance 312a in March. So far we have had it back to the dealer 8 times. Some for minor repairs and some major. This is our 2nd th and I don't think we will buy another vengeance. We were gonna get a 320a next year but I just don't trust them. We are camping this weekend and I found another problem, outside shower hookup doesn't fit into quick disconnect. Doesn't sound like much, but when you have a stack of work orders, little things get large, not to mention fuel I'm wasting hauling this thing back and forth.

flhf150 is offline   Reply With Quote