Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #181
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 503
Anyone else's bouncing a lot after you are set up? We were at Anchor Down RV Resort on a nice concrete pad. I used my normal wheel chocks and one X-chock. I double checked the rear jacks an they were tight. The thing bounced a lot. I am waiting till a local rally here in September to go jump in other peoples that have the JT Strongarms installed.
__________________

__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #182
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 20
I get some the last time I set up seem to have more I am still new setting up the camper figured I did something wrong
__________________

__________________
Foomanchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #183
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
Anyone else's bouncing a lot after you are set up? We were at Anchor Down RV Resort on a nice concrete pad. I used my normal wheel chocks and one X-chock. I double checked the rear jacks an they were tight. The thing bounced a lot. I am waiting till a local rally here in September to go jump in other peoples that have the JT Strongarms installed.
Do you have a king pin stabilizer? We have one & it takes alot of the bounce out . Iam not good with sending links but go to camping world & search for it. It's basically a tripod that attaches to your king pin. You can find them on sale alot at camping world too.
__________________
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #184
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB TN View Post
Do you have a king pin stabilizer? We have one & it takes alot of the bounce out . Iam not good with sending links but go to camping world & search for it. It's basically a tripod that attaches to your king pin. You can find them on sale alot at camping world too.
I don't have the tripod but I have heard positive and negatives on those. I hate to go spend money guessing on what will fix the issue. I'll hold out till this rally but was just curious what others are doing, if anything.

My Grey Wolf was bouncy as well and I thought a larger unit would stop the bounce but it's just as bad or worse. On this trip my wife said it was worse and I realized I had forgotten to set the X-chock. It was more stable but still bouncy after I set it.

Still kinda kicking myself that I didn't plan my trip better so that I could have stopped by LBTN. My drive back took me 15 hours.
__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #185
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I don't have the tripod but I have heard positive and negatives on those. I hate to go spend money guessing on what will fix the issue. I'll hold out till this rally but was just curious what others are doing, if anything.

My Grey Wolf was bouncy as well and I thought a larger unit would stop the bounce but it's just as bad or worse. On this trip my wife said it was worse and I realized I had forgotten to set the X-chock. It was more stable but still bouncy after I set it.

Still kinda kicking myself that I didn't plan my trip better so that I could have stopped by LBTN. My drive back took me 15 hours.
That tripod does wonders for us our camper doesn't have any bounce or should I say none that's noticeable. Hopefully others will chime in & give their advice on how to help you with it. No worries about the trip but it would had been cool to hook up & maybe camped together a couple of nights. Maybe next time or if we ever head your way I'll let you know. Hopefully yall had a great trip, but I know after a long trip it sure is nice to come home to a house.☺
__________________
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #186
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 503
I have a trip I am planning for Pensacola next summer. Taking all the kids to the beach for a week.

Has anyone swapped out the mattress yet? We put a topper on ours but it's only about 2 inches thick. We need a new mattress in the house so I was thinking of taking that queen to the camper and get a new one for the house.
__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #187
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 94
Nice!! I like the idea of camping on the beach we also might try and plan something like that next year.

As far as the mattress we did the same thing and added 4 inch foam and it's still horrible. I would have to stick with the king size due to Iam to use to it. Sorry I can't help but I sure would like to know the same thing.
__________________
Brian
04 Chevy 2500 Duramax / EFI Live Tuned
2016 Forrest River Vengeance 320a.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 503
I wonder if this ladder is similar to the Harbor Freight one? This is at Menards this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471467638696.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	117598  
__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #189
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I wonder if this ladder is similar to the Harbor Freight one? This is at Menards this week.
It's looks very similar to it. Speaking of ladders I was looking up our Vengeance's 320a model and it looks like some or most of the 17 models that are out there for sale have the factory ladders on them. Go figure.
__________________
Brian
04 Chevy 2500 Duramax / EFI Live Tuned
2016 Forrest River Vengeance 320a.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #190
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: reading, pa
Posts: 3
Hello everybody, We bought our vengeance 312a in March. So far we have had it back to the dealer 8 times. Some for minor repairs and some major. This is our 2nd th and I don't think we will buy another vengeance. We were gonna get a 320a next year but I just don't trust them. We are camping this weekend and I found another problem, outside shower hookup doesn't fit into quick disconnect. Doesn't sound like much, but when you have a stack of work orders, little things get large, not to mention fuel I'm wasting hauling this thing back and forth.
__________________

__________________
2015 Vengeance SS 312A
pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 with plenty of horse power
hauling a 2000 Harley Roadglide
flhf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.