Old 02-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #71

Congrats on the new truck you'll love your Duramax. A couple of weeks ago we had 8 inches of snow and then next weekend it was mid 60's & sunny. So we took advantage of the weather & went camping had a great trip with no issues. Got back home and I re winterized it till spring. As we speak Iam getting estimates for building a pole barn to keep our 5th wheel in. Hope to start constructing it with in a couple of months can wait till its done. Oh by the way I never received anything on that recall.

LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #72

I'm not even sure we can camp in the winter here. I think they all close down completely. It's been too cold up here to risk it anyway since mine isn't really set up for cold. The best I can hope for is a late April early May opening.
I am thinking about buying an Andersen Aluminum hitch. I've been reading good things about them so far. My truck has a goose neck ball in it already so I just need the hitch for fifth wheel. I will keep the truck stock for now.
As for the recall maybe yours is new enough they had the problem fixed? I'll look at the paperwork they sent and see if they have serial numbers for the ones that should have the recall.

Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #73

When I bought my truck I had the same set up as you with a gooseneck hitch. I ended up removing that hitch & installed a 5th wheel hitch only due to my old 5th wheel manufactor stated that if I used a gooseneck to a 5th wheel hitch adapter it would void my warranty. Something to do with it doesn't allow the trailer to pivot correctly not having a "true" 5th wheel hitch. Anyways maybe you could check with FR on that. I sold that gooseneck hitch & it paid for half of my new 5th wheel hitch. Not trying to tell you what to do just wanted to make you aware of that but heck that was in 2007 when I bought my old camper so, maybe things have changed since then.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #74
Usually Confused Member

The info was posted in this thread but it's way back there in October. I'll repost them.

To verify your trailer, email corpcompliance@forestriverinc.com. They respond fairly quick. In the meantime, here they are:

NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V589000
Manufacturer: Forest River, Inc.
Model Year: 2016
Make: FOREST RIVER
Model: VENGEANCE
Recall Date: 09/23/2015
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
Potential # of Units Affected: 5374
Summary: Forest River Inc. (Forest) is recalling certain model year 2009-2016 Forest River Cherokee and Vengeance recreational trailers manufactured May 16, 2008, to September 14, 2015. The wiring harness for the trailer''s lights, electric brakes, battery charging and many of the interior 12V fixtures may have an insuffient ground wire.
Consequence: With an insufficient ground wire, the wiring harness may overheat, increasing the risk of fire. Additionally, the ground wire failure would result in the loss of the trailer''s external lights and electric brakes, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy: Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the trailer wiring harnesses, and upgrade the ground wires, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin November 18, 2015. Owners may contact Forest River''s customer service number at 1-260-593-4005. Forest River''s recall number is 17B-0918-2015-0090.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V299000
Recall Date: 05/20/2015
Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS
Potential # of Units Affected: 361
Summary: Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Vengeance trailers, model numbers VGF377V, VGF378V, VGF394V13, VGF396V, BWZVGF377V, BWZVGF394V13, BWZVGF378V, and BWZVGF396V. The affected trailers may be equipped with incorrect certification labels that state the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is 18,500 pounds when the actual GVWR is 18,000 pounds. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations number 567, "Certification."
Consequence: The incorrect GVWR on the labels may result in the vehicle operator over loading the vehicle which could increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy: Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will install a new corrected label, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in June 2015. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-260-593-4005. Forest River''s number for this recall is 17B-05132015-0036.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V231000
Recall Date: 04/20/2015
Component: SUSPENSION:REAR:AXLE:NON-POWERED AXLE ASSEMBLY
Potential # of Units Affected: 346
Summary: Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain model year 2016 Amera-Lite ATTX and WATTX, Forest River Cherokee, Cherokee Grey Wolf, Cherokee Wolf Pup, Salem, Salem Laminated, Salem Limited Edition, Vengeance, Wildwood, Wildwood Laminated, and Wildwood Limited Edition, Cargo Mate Blazer, E Series, E Series Wedge, Eliminator, and Qualifier, Continental Cargo Auto Master, Elite Series, Tailwind and Value Hauler, Coachmen Catalina and Freedom Express, Palomino Puma and US Cargo Patriot X, Phantom, Trail & Sport and Trail Master trailers manufactured March 1, 2015, to March 31, 2015. In the affected trailers, the studs that are used to attach the wheels to the axle hubs may break.
Consequence: If the wheel studs break, the wheel could detach from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy: Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will replace any affected wheel hub, free of charge. The recall began on June 16, 2015. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-800-453-6064. Forest River''s number for this recall is 51-03312015-0025.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #75

We don't have the 320a but do have the 2016 377v. So far we have not had anything major to the point we needed it warranty. Just minor stuff I rather do myself since the dealer is so far away and would just end up a hassle.
1. The plastic thing that holds the screen door handle screws stripped.
2. Plastic trim underneath the kitchen slide pull out on one side.
3. Passenger side happy jack sofa not locking folding cushion when folding sofa to wall. (Really nothing, just a plastic handle thing)
4. Not enough time in it. (Really just user error lol)

Really other than those things have been awesome!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior25k View Post
We don't have the 320a but do have the 2016 377v. So far we have not had anything major to the point we needed it warranty. Just minor stuff I rather do myself since the dealer is so far away and would just end up a hassle.
3. Passenger side happy jack sofa not locking folding cushion when folding sofa to wall. (Really nothing, just a plastic handle thing)

Same here Junior25k, we've had some small issues as well that I've been able to fix myself. We've owed our since last October
& we have a great dealer but its a pretty good drive away. Very pleased with our Vengeance so far.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior25k View Post

May I ask what do you pull your 377 with?

Thanks,

Mel
2005 Troy Built 3500/5250 Genny
mele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #78

We are in the process of buying our next toy hauler. Right now, the 40D12 is in the lead for our favorites. Its down to the 40D12, XLR 420, or Fuzion 420. I really like the side patio options and the 40D12 has the nicest one. Plus, everything appears great and all these positive Vengeance comments helps a lot.

As has been mentioned in other posts, Brad, the Vengeance rep is a great guy. The dealer we are talking with had Brad call me. He was great to talk with and last Friday, I left him a voicemail about the wheels of the Vengeance haulers being able to handle 110 psi G rated tires. He called me back today to tell me not only do they handle them, I can have them upgraded from the factory as an option.

If I do get a 40D12, a big reason will be for the service I'm getting "before" the sale.

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #79

Only reason I am taking mine back to the dealer, besides the safety recall, is the couch slider floor got stepped on pulled from the floor. So watch it when the slides are in because that floor sitting at that angle is easy to damage. We learned the hard way so now I have to see what it will take to fix it. The other minor stuff I would normally do myself but I figure since I'm going there anyway might as well let them do it.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
We are in the process of buying our next toy hauler. Right now, the 40D12 is in the lead for our favorites. Its down to the 40D12, XLR 420, or Fuzion 420. I really like the side patio options and the 40D12 has the nicest one. Plus, everything appears great and all these positive Vengeance comments helps a lot.

As has been mentioned in other posts, Brad, the Vengeance rep is a great guy. The dealer we are talking with had Brad call me. He was great to talk with and last Friday, I left him a voicemail about the wheels of the Vengeance haulers being able to handle 110 psi G rated tires. He called me back today to tell me not only do they handle them, I can have them upgraded from the factory as an option.

If I do get a 40D12, a big reason will be for the service I'm getting "before" the sale.
Our Vengeance is our 2nd Toyhauler as well now lam no "building expert" lol but I can assure you that the Vengeance line is built well for today's rv standards. Now Iam not familiar with the model you are talking about with side patio options but I've seen them. IMO I would pass on it because it's something else that could leak. As least it's fun looking @ new Campers. Good luck.