Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 03:53 PM   #21

I looked up his specific make and model of toy hauler and see that it's advertised as having a RVQ Quick Connect. That in and if itself meant nothing to me.

So.... then I searched for what that is because I had no clue.

I looked at what it is I'm the search results and linked to that post talking about it. A RVQ Quick Connect sure does look a lot like what he shows and his unit is supposed to have one.

I don't know any more than that, he's supposed to have a RVQ Quick Connect, his picture looks like one, and people say it's a regulated propane source. I'm out.

2019 Ram Bighorn, CC/SB 2500 4x4 6.4L/8 Speed, Max Tow 14,460 lb/2,940 lb payload.
2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5 Eco, 12,800 lb/1,546 payload.
2020 Coachmen Apex UL 289TBSS
2019 Quality Trailers 16'x7' 7K GVWR Utility Trailer
2019 IronBull 22'x102" 14K GVWR Equipment Trailer
Old 07-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry0071 View Post
I looked up his specific make and model of toy hauler and see that it's advertised as having a RVQ Quick Connect. That in and if itself meant nothing to me.

So.... then I searched for what that is because I had no clue.

I looked at what it is I'm the search results and linked to that post talking about it. A RVQ Quick Connect sure does look a lot like what he shows and his unit is supposed to have one.

I don't know any more than that, he's supposed to have a RVQ Quick Connect, his picture looks like one, and people say it's a regulated propane source. I'm out.
The second pic in post #6 is the OP’s Quick Connect. It has a blue rubber dirt plug in it. It is not what the OP is asking about as far as I know.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 07-31-2019, 04:41 PM   #23

Toy haulers have all kinds of extras added in for the toys. Many, especially the bigger ones have built in gas tanks for refueling the toys.

Based on the name, type of connection, and that it says non potable water, this looks to be a connection for a pressure washer so that you can wash the mud off your toys before you put them away. Don't want all that mud inside. The warning on the flap indicates there is another valve inside the trailer somewhere to turn it off and will probably release the pressure.

You said you got anti-freeze out of it and that is probably because it was winterized as it should be since it is a water line.
Towed by 2016 Ford F-150 screw, ecoboost, maxtow
Replaced 2011 Ford F-150 screw, ecoboost, maxtow
that overheated every time it towed up hill.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:58 PM   #24

When I read the "writing" on the oddball fitting's cover it looks fairly clear that this is for the "Spray Away" system which appears to be a "Toy Washer". Should be a coiled hose with nozzle somewhere around the Toy Hauler and this is where it plugs in.

Says to turn off water sources inside, insert hose, and drain. Big letters say NON POTABLE Water source which is strange if it's getting it's water from the fresh water onboard system.

Now all that's needed is an Instruction Manual for the Spray Away.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 07-31-2019, 06:45 PM   #25

I had a similar setup on my previous Vengeance toy hauler, except the control valves were on both sides of the fitting. It was very hard to connect if the water was on and supplying pressure to the fitting.

I avoid using campground water so I fill up the fresh tank before leaving home. Since I usually return with 10-20 gallons remaining I made up a short hose which plugs into that outlet on one end and the tank flush connection on the other end. When I get home I hook it up and send all the remaining fresh water into the black tank flush.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #26

As a few others mentioned you should have a coiled hose with a sprayer on one end and a quick disconnect that fits the one on the side of the trailer. I have a 24P14+ and that's the setup it came with. The quick connect deal is for spraying off toys and things which could probably be accomplished with the outside shower but it's there anyway.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #27

Didn't go thru the whole thread and sure someone nailed it. Hand Sprayer...similar to an outdoor shower. Plug in hose, turn on water, rinse, repeat...done. I would prefer this over my outside shower.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #28

It should have a connector much like an air hose for a compressor. It’s pressurized water for washing your toys off.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:02 AM   #29

Yeppers. The sprayer is just normal temp water. Use the hose with the garden sprayer in it. 17:35 and 19:25 of the below video.

The outside shower has both hot and cold so you don't freeze the kiddos when rinsing dirt or sand of them before letting them in the camper. (19:30)

The RVQ quick connect is on the passenger side just back from the passenger front stab jack/storage compartment door.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #30

As mentioned above, your unit should have come with this. Mine has no outside shower, but one of these instead.....Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-082324_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	211810
Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I had a similar setup on my previous Vengeance toy hauler, except the control valves were on both sides of the fitting. It was very hard to connect if the water was on and supplying pressure to the fitting.

I avoid using campground water so I fill up the fresh tank before leaving home. Since I usually return with 10-20 gallons remaining I made up a short hose which plugs into that outlet on one end and the tank flush connection on the other end. When I get home I hook it up and send all the remaining fresh water into the black tank flush.

That is pretty nifty there. I hate having to unhook hose from the city valve to flush black tank, if I am somewhere that long where I need to flush it like that.

Of course, I'd rather be camping
Old 08-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar07 View Post
Hello, so we have a new wolf pack 23+15. I'm a bit curious about this black tank flush. My manuals don't say anything about it. From what I see, the bottom port has a quick disconnect that seems to have pressure to it right now. I went to plug a quick disconnect hose into it and it covered me in antifreeze so I assume it's winterized and under pressure. The top is just a standard garden hose threaded end. So do you just connect a quick connect side to the bottom port then a threaded end of a hose to the too and let it rip? It says something about turning off the supply line first but I do not see where those would be. Any help?

Thanks all.Attachment 211258Attachment 211259
Too much speculating here. Turn off the noise and call the dealer UNLESS somebidy here gas the exact same setup
Old 08-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #33

That blue coiled hose is exactly what mine has. If antifreeze came out consider yourself lucky. Had mine winterized by the dealer last year, went to pressurize the hot water tank this year and ended up filling part of trailer as the check valve on the back side blew apart. It’s a spray port fed off of your water supply (city or pump). It should not be used for your black tank spray unless you have a double vacuum breaker or like e.coli and other nasty bacteria in your water supply.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #34

Black Tank Flush Help

We have the same model. Th bottom port is for a hose that should have came with the camper. It is a non-potable hose conection to clean of your toys when you are done with them before loading them into the camper. It doesn't have anything to do with the black tank flush. It is under pressure because it is designed to spray through the hose and nozzle that comes with that model.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar07 View Post
Hello, so we have a new wolf pack 23+15. I'm a bit curious about this black tank flush. My manuals don't say anything about it. From what I see, the bottom port has a quick disconnect that seems to have pressure to it right now. I went to plug a quick disconnect hose into it and it covered me in antifreeze so I assume it's winterized and under pressure. The top is just a standard garden hose threaded end. So do you just connect a quick connect side to the bottom port then a threaded end of a hose to the too and let it rip? It says something about turning off the supply line first but I do not see where those would be. Any help?

Thanks all.Attachment 211258Attachment 211259
You should have a blue curly hose with a quick coupler on one end and garden hose on the other. The qc fitting is always pressurised by the water system either pumped or city. It can be used with a spray nozzle for rinsing or screwed into the tank flush to spray down the black tank.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #36
Travel trailering >1975

I used to have a FR product. My current 2019 24 Ft Imagine TT has this same fitting on the outside of the trailer, on same wall as the kitchen sink. (Starboard side) It is a quick connect water outlet, which we use to fill our dogs water dish, on the ground by the exit steps. The other side (Port side) of the Imagine TT has a direct hook up for city water. And also the black water tank spray fitting, as per your photo. And, also the same quick connect water outlet, fed by both a cold water and hot water tap supply. Nothing to do with gas.
2015 24 ft FR TT pop out with two bunks to 2018
2018 22 ft Imagine TT
Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #37

I have a 25+12 with the same two connections. The top is to flush your black tank and the bottom is an external quick connection for a spray hose used to clean your toys like bikes, kayaks,..... My camper came with a blue hose that has a spay handle on the end. You should have received the same with your camper.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #38

Hose connection

On my 2020 23Pack15 that quick connect is for my spray hose for washing off my toys. It has nothing to do with the black tank flush.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #39

The quick disconnect is a poor man's shower and there should be a water hose with the same male fitting.
This will be fed from your plumbing whether on house or city water.
It can be used for the black tank flush or a handy rinse off.
Mine sounds like there is a backflow/vacuum breaker in the system as well when disconnected.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #40
Site Team

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered about 100 times now. I think we can mark this one solved.
Closed Thread

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank