Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

Red face Curtis Mity Lite Toy Hauler

Hi,

We purchased a used Curtis Mity Lite toy hauler earlier this summer. It is an older model - 2001 but is in great condition and has been lots of fun. Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual? Haven't been able to find on internet.

Or...the other night, we woke up to a beeping noise, switched the lights on and it immediately killed all power to the trailer. We didn't smell any gas, so opened the windows just in case and went back to sleep. A few hours later, the power came back on all by itself. Do they have some type of sensors for gas leaks? Have spent the night in it several times and it hasn't happened before. The refrigerator runs on gas when not hooked up to the truck or a generator and we did have the pilot light for the water heater on. Very new at this - any help is appreciated!!
Sarlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Team

not sure why you're asking this on a Forest River owners forum, for a owner's manual, since i'm pretty sure it wasn't a FR product.

you'd have better luck with your question on the monster RV site, RV.net.

most tow vehicles only trickle charge the battery, so if you didn't have it fully charged before leaving, i'll bet the battery was close to dead.
that beeping is usually saying that there's very little battery power left for the alarms.
how old is the battery?
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #3

Wow do I feel silly - I thought "Forest River" was just the name of the forum because it is outdoorsy and "campy" sounding!! Didn't realize it was the brand!!! Ha ha ha!! Happy Monday I guess. Your theory sounds good - I don't believe it is a new battery. Will check on that and post in your recommended RV site. Happy RVing in your Forest River brand vehicle!!
Sarlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Site Team

no problem. check out RV.net's ToyHauler forum. found 3 posts about a Curtis TH.

found out they were made by Curtis Industries, in San Bernadino. they been out of business for quite awhile.
you might contact another Curtis owner and see what kind of manual they have.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

my guess there manual if you can find one is as generic as any one else's . not much info.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote