Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #31
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Photos as promised.
Photo 1 door closed with disabled security latch
Photo 2 door open to reveal catch (white box mounted on door is water leak alarm)
Bob, where did you get your water leak alarm? That is a great idea
__________________

__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Bob, where did you get your water leak alarm? That is a great idea
You can get them at Lowe's or HD. Believe it cost me $9.75?

It comes in two parts - the alarm and 9V Battery housing (the white box) and the wires to the sensor. Put the sensor close to the pipes & HWH and affixed the sensor to the floor with museum wax.

This works pretty good...when I was intalling, I decided to test the unit. 110DB is pretty loud in the camper!

Lesson Learned: Tell DW who was working in the Bath BEFORE you test the alarm
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
You can get them at Lowe's or HD. Believe it cost me $9.75?

It comes in two parts - the alarm and 9V Battery housing (the white box) and the wires to the sensor. Put the sensor close to the pipes & HWH and affixed the sensor to the floor with museum wax.

This works pretty good...when I was intalling, I decided to test the unit. 110DB is pretty loud in the camper!

Lesson Learned: Tell DW who was working in the Bath BEFORE you test the alarm
Tell her... naw... that's no way to... !!!!
Wolf
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #34
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
You can get them at Lowe's or HD. Believe it cost me $9.75?

It comes in two parts - the alarm and 9V Battery housing (the white box) and the wires to the sensor. Put the sensor close to the pipes & HWH and affixed the sensor to the floor with museum wax.

This works pretty good...when I was intalling, I decided to test the unit. 110DB is pretty loud in the camper!

Lesson Learned: Tell DW who was working in the Bath BEFORE you test the alarm
That might be a good add-on for those of us still using the onboard water filter, based on all the horror stories on this forum.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #35
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
That might be a good add-on for those of us still using the onboard water filter, based on all the horror stories on this forum.
And shut your water off before you leave for the day... I was first upset out new trailer had not come with an on board filter, now I'll put my own outside once the blue one dies this season
__________________

__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.