Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #11

Potential problems not worth the discount. Pass on it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #12

Just compare the "discount" to the price of a full wall replacement probably due in a year or two. That's major breakdown for being new.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
phat phrog stunt crew

maybe the manufacture wont take it back. how long has it been on his lot? is/was it something the dealer could have prevented? im sure mfr is asking the same questions too.

move on to the next one. they are building them as we all speak. 5000 is not enough to entice most people here.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
Wanna Be Camper

Might be a flood damaged unit they bought real cheap from some other part of the country too and that is why it cannot go back to the factory.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #15

Thanks everyone for their input .HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY HAD A ISSUE WHERE THEY HAD IT REPAIRED????OR REPLACED????THAT THEY COULD SHARE. I get it everyone suggest that I don't get ,that i pass on it , but everyone already has a 5 th that is suggesting it and none has yet said that they have had a problem .I want to see what forest river says about it first .then I will make my final decision. I am STRONGLY leaning AGAINST like ALL OF YOU , but if they would give me a exemption on it ?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes View Post
Thanks everyone for their input .HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY HAD A ISSUE WHERE THEY HAD IT REPAIRED????OR REPLACED????THAT THEY COULD SHARE. I get it everyone suggest that I don't get ,that i pass on it , but everyone already has a 5 th that is suggesting it and none has yet said that they have had a problem .I want to see what forest river says about it first .then I will make my final decision. I am STRONGLY leaning AGAINST like ALL OF YOU , but if they would give me a exemption on it ?
Normally the fix for a warranty repair is to replace the entire wall section. Theres no way to "seam" it for full strength. Inserts they offered you is ridiculous, where's the next water collection rotting the internal wood? JMHO. I've seen the full wall fix at dealers.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #17
phat phrog stunt crew

not to be a smartalex, but it seems you have already made up your mind to buy regardless of advice here.

let us know what you discover and how it holds up.

Tags
delamination, salem