Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #11
Just like everyone states it depends on wife and I make it all weekend on less that 50 gallons but you have to conserve is all !! ;-)

CS300823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #12
Hopefully my wife will not use as much as she does at home.... I don't want to have to leave and find water somewhere or even have to dump the tanks.

Tow rig - 2006 F350 with some goodies
Trailer - 2014 T27FQDX
Toys - 2005 yfz450 with some goodies, 2005 rhino 660
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #13
Water usage -dishwashiing

saw a neat device at our local RV show. A small reicrulating pump and faucet you use to rinse washed dishes. So if you have 1 sink, you wash in it, and put a small amount of water in a separate container(ie dishpan, or something similar. The pump pulls the clean rinse water up and out a spout you rinse under. It just recirculates the same rinsing water, so very little usage. Can't remember the name, but is was under $100.
Calgary, AB Canada
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:49 AM   #14
Site Team
You need to teach her how to take a navy shower. She can use a pan of water when shaving legs to conserve. Washing dishes is my biggest water issue. Use a half sinful and limit dishwashing to once a day. Rinse multiple utensils together. Use more paper products. It was hard for me to learn but the grey tanks were more of a limiting factor to us then fresh. With water conservation we could make a 40 gallon grey last a weekend. We now have 80 gallon grey and haven't camped longer than 3 days in a row but weren't full at the end of it.

Ps- get an oxygenics shower head. It gives better water pressure and uses less water.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:01 AM   #15
We have always camped in a pop up, so we naturally conserved water. If there are facilities close by, use that for showering and toileting. Otherwise, take a Navy shower and "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down". We would often cook in an electric skillet, especially breakfast items. I then would add cold water and heat it in the pan, add dish soap, and use this to wash dishes. By the end, the skillet is pretty clean. Use another tub with a bit of fresh water for rinsing. No need to recirculate water - just dip it in and swish it around. Use paper products when possible. Conserving water is easy if you pay attention to what you are using it for.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #16
Here's one another question. How long will two 30lb propane tanks last?

Tow rig - 2006 F350 with some goodies
Trailer - 2014 T27FQDX
Toys - 2005 yfz450 with some goodies, 2005 rhino 660
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote