Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 04:44 AM   #1

Expectations from Dealer

I purchased a 2019 XLR Boost mid April. Finally got to use it the first week of May. I found a few minor things that needed to be fixed. Called the dealer and they said they would call me when I could bring it in. Used the camper last weekend and the had to manually lower the rear bed because the switch did not work. Called them again the first of the week and got the same answer, They will call me and let me know when I can bring it in.

How long should I have to wait to get something repaired? I am taking my son to the Grand American ATA shoot in July and need the bed to work so we can take our Ranger. Monday will be 5 weeks since I first talked to them and I'm starting to think the service dept. is not what I had hoped it to be. The main reason I bought from them is they are only 10 miles away.
RollTideRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:03 AM   #2

Please do yourself a huge favor and don’t have any favorable expectations about your selling dealer. They already have your money, you are now at the bottom of their list. Call Forest River, get Pre Authorized to call Mobil Repair and get your repairs done that way. You might have to pay up front and get reimbursed from FR but most likely the repairs will be much better quality than the dealer your of ever done. JMHO. Good luck.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:40 AM   #3

TAKE it to them, don't wait for them to 'call you'... If you're not on their door step, they have no urgency to help you.

...and, don't LEAVE until it's handled. Period.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #4
Always Learning

If they aren’t being helpful, find an RV Service center nearby who can work on it. Talk to XLR about the warranty process for someone other than a dealer.

Service centers don’t sell campers, they are in business just to fix them and depend on doing quality work.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #5

Expectations from Dealer

I bought my toy hauler from RV Ready in Lake Elsinore and they’re useless. Tons of broken stuff on my trailer that I had to fix myself. In fact, part of my due bill was to have my bathroom door replaced because it was so warped it didn’t want to close. Now it’s been almost 10 months and they still give me the run around. I’ve visited in person and called probably 15 times since I purchased.

So to make a long story short, don’t expect your dealer to do anything, and especially if it’s RV Ready.
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #6

Save yourself a LOT of time and fix it yourself. If you need parts the dealer can get them for you.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Expect frustration and anxiety. The RV market has exploded and even the good dealers are struggling to keep up with the demand for warranty work as units are being cranked out at a rapid pace with more issues than 10 yrs ago. If you can fix it do it. If not go to a local RV service facility and have Fr preauthorize the work. Most importantly enjoy your new RV

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #8

I work 12 hour night shifts. Don't get many days off. I bought a new camper because I don't have a lot of spare time to tinker with things. I fixed some of the minor stuff, but don't really want to pull out the dvd player and find out why it does not work or download schematics for the happijac bed and figure out why it will power up but not come back down. Plus I don't have a plug where I can run the a/c while I'm out there working on it. I have contacted Forest River, but of course have not heard back from them either. Thanks, for advise. JC
RollTideRam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer