Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #1

First Adventure for Newbies

We are getting ready to go on our first adventure with our Work and Play. We are heading over to Daytona Biketoberfest. We would like to get some tips from everyone, so our first experience is awesome. One question we do have is we are staying in a RV park that has 50 amp and 30 amp hook up. We have a 30 amp WNP Do we hook up to 50 amp at the pole then go down to 30 amp as we connect to the toyhauler or just hook up to the 30 amp? All helpful tips is greatly appreciated.
Guy Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #2

I have a surge that plugs into the pole. With the breaker off, plug in surge, then turn breaker on and verify green light comes on the surge. Turn breaker back off and connect my 30a cable to TT and surge, then turn breaker back on. If you don't have a surge, turn breaker off, hook everything up, then turn breaker on.
Have fun.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #3

If you have a 50 to 30 amp plug you could do that, but would be easiest to just plug into the 30 amp.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #4

Hook up to the 30 amp. No reason to hook up to a 50 amp, only to have to convert it to a 30 amp. The only time I hook up to a 50 amp plug (my trailer is also 30 amp), is if that is the only plug available. I have had to also use it when the 30 amp circuit breaker on the pedestal was bad.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #5

Thank you, So we will just hook up to the 30 Amp unless there is a problem with it. Is there any other tips for our first outing?
Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #6

Biketoberfest

You shouldn't have any problem with the electric, just follow what the previous poster said about how to hook up a surge protector (hoping you have one). If you are buying a surge protector, make sure that it also checks polarity. And have a great time! We went several years ago and had a great time - they are all friendly folks there.
Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #7

We do have the surge protector and will definitely use it. We will definitely have a great time. Looking forward to it.

Tags
newbie, vent