Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #1

First trip!!

Took our first trip in our new 28TBU Puma this past weekend. Stayed close to home (52 miles). Was a learning experience pulling that beast with the 18 wheelers flying by. Man those things can push some air. Pucker factor was off the scale until I got used to it. We did not have a single issue with the TT. Everything worked perfect. Hope every trip goes this smooth. Didn't realize how good the Dometic freeezer compartment was until DW stuck a picture of tea in it and forgot it until the next day. Whole gallon frozen hard as a rock,lol. Won't do that again.Planning next trip right now.
Ed
Slow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #2

Congrats!

Enjoy your new unit, happy rv'ing!
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #3

glad you had a great trip. we just finished our 3rd trip in our new tt. it went well, our only issue was our water heater overheated and blew water out the pressure relief. i will get it fixed the next time it is in shop, should be warrantied. we also have a table to be replaced, the hinge has pulled out of one of the legs, warranty repair, not a big deal. generally the camper is working well.

have a great time and drive safely
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #4

I was always told to move over a few inches towards the edge of the road when a semi came around. It does seems to lessen the wind factor some.Just thought i share this
Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #5

Also, the vaccuum effect can be greatly reduced if you can crack open a window on each side of your camper, and try to go at least close to their speed upon passing. I'm assuming you have a weight distribution hitch to control any sway, as well. Be sure the chains are up pretty tightly. GOOD LUCK! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #6

Glad your first trip was a good one those big rigs can make you find your religion in a hurry sometimes,(or lose it),as the case may be. I hope all your camping memories are good ones!