Old 03-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #1

Forest river Warranty work

I just bought my FR Stealth 2916 from Giant RV in Montclair,ca. I took it home and our first time out we found a slew of problems with it. We tried to schedule Giant (seeing how we bought it from them)RV but they only had appts. month or even 2 away. I ended finding a place (Forest river service center authorized) in Fontana,ca called Quality RV. They took a next day appointment and had everything fixed by the next day. If you are in this area I highly recommend.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #2

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles but glad you got it taken care of. So much for the theory of buying local in case you need warranty work eh?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #3

Wow two months out. I would of thought the dealership would of made you a priority.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1220 View Post
I just bought my FR Stealth 2916 from Giant RV in Montclair,ca. I took it home and our first time out we found a slew of problems with it. We tried to schedule Giant (seeing how we bought it from them)RV but they only had appts. month or even 2 away. I ended finding a place (Forest river service center authorized) in Fontana,ca called Quality RV. They took a next day appointment and had everything fixed by the next day. If you are in this area I highly recommend.
Man I wish I would have found this post earlier...took my 2916 to Montclair and they had it for 3 weeks, i took it back to use it...now its been there for 5 weeks....and counting....i'll look into this place in Fontana since they are closer than Giant.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #5

Is it the builder of the product or the dealer of the product where all the issues come up......
I often wonder if the secondary business of billing the manufacturer isn't really entirely ethical on the dealer's part.
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
AMG

I bought my wa2916 from giant rv in Murrieta and the guy doing the delivery with me said that i should really try to keep a running list of issues and bring it in less often and have a large list as they typically need it for many weeks. Sucks eh
Old 07-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #7

My buddies Dad bought his unit (Heartland Cyclone) from Giants Montclair location and they were giving him the run around on a problem with his slide (his ONLY problem) for over 8 weeks...when my unit sat at Giant the first time, it sat for approx 3 weeks before I told them I was going to pick it up to use it again. The service guy said he would have his guy cap my toilet (which would leak when the pump was on) so that I could pick it up and use it while no other problems had been touched. I don't know about other locations but both my buddies dad and I signed the acknowledgment form for service and on the form it says that it would be ready in "2 weeks".
Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #8

POS service place....

Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty