Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimurrrw

Look a bit further at the Work and Play SB model fifth wheels. The largest has a cargo box that is 27'8" with a cargo capacity of 7000 lbs. True, getting a door open might be a bit of a problem, but you could always crawl in and out the back of the jeep. Width between the wheel wells might be a concern with some jeep setups and ramp capacity needs to be checked.
Yes true. The XLR offers more carrying capacity, but 3,000lbs specifically in the separate garage area.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash78 View Post
Yes true. The XLR offers more carrying capacity, but 3,000lbs specifically in the separate garage area.
I am confused because I can't find an XLR with more carrying capacity, or as long a cargo box for that matter. Given your post, I'm sure I must be missing something somewhere. (That seems to be happening more frequently as I get older. ) Just to satisfy my curiosity, would you please post the model number(s) you are speaking of? I need all the help I can get!

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgreb View Post
Thanks for all the info and contacted forest river and they said the Work and Play would do the job as far as handling the weight, and so far that is the only model where the factory has said yes it would work, short of having a custom one built.
Just out of curiosity, what did they say about the ramp capacity? Can that also handle the weight?

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #14

The XLR by Forest River has a new 5W out that I saw at Sturgis. It's called the 395AMP - 14 ft garage with 3,000 lb cargo capacity and total carrying capacity of 3,228 lbs. It looks like they make some other models with more total CCC. I did notice they use the same 5,000 lb tie downs Work and Play uses.

XLR Toy Hauler Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels
Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #15

Dimurrw,
They didn't say anything one way or another but the ramp is actually not a real concern because as long as its not more than 96" which is the wheel base of the jeep I only one axle would be on it at any given time therefore only about 2000 lbs...but when I talked to them I told them excatly what I was looking for.