Old 06-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
HELP....needed to pick a toy hauler

As my family is getting bigger, I am in the market for a TH. I currently own a Sabre Silhouette with bunks & the kids are just getting too big to fit in the bunks comfortably. The only option that I see out there is going with a TH with the dual electric lift beds in the garage. I have 3 kids, so one with a loft would even be better so they each have their own beds.

I am going cross-eyed looking through TH online & was looking for a little help from everybody to narrow my search. Some of the necessary things I need the TH to be is....
- Under 40' (so it will fit in my barn when not in use)
- Got to have the the dual electric lift beds in the garage
- Loft would be NICE, but could get by without if needed (seems like most trailers with a loft are over 40', which would NOT work for me)

Any sugessions on brands & models would be greatly appreciated!!!

7lazy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
We love our xlr 30hds. We have 2 kids so in the toy hauler they each get there own bed. In living area we went with the couch in place of dinette. Since u have 3 kids one could sleep on u shape dinette? Something to think about on the building you store your camper in, I had the problem with camper especially toy haulers being to tall. Mine fits in a 12 foot tall door...

Xlr hyperlite 30hds couch, party deck, pass thru dinette.
2012 f-250 crew cab 4x4 6.2 v8
dennismo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
We love our Vengeance 29V. Happi Jac bed system in the rear makes 2 huge beds. We have 3 boys that sleep in the garage.
moparmansnowmobiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
I have a nitro xlr 305, 3 kids here too, it seems a good fit, when I looked u saw one with a loft but didn't have the doors to toy hauler we wanted, it was either a vengeance or a wolfpack
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #5
We have a Shockwave F33SAGDX TH with open garage and no divider wall and2 queens that lower from the ceiling. It is very easy to have a blow up air mattress on the floor and just slide it under the lower queen bed when not in use. We only have 2 kids but one or the other always has a friend with them.

Keep in mind the 33 in the model # means nothing. Dealer told me it was to designate the length....... wrong. Mine measures 36'6" from tip to tip.

Going to be putting the air mattress idea to use this weekend as my daughter has softball tourney and we are housing half the team to keep costs down for the kids/parents.
2015 Shockwave F33SAGDX Toyhauler
2011 Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 Cummins diesel
Idafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #6
You might look at the Palomino Puma Unleashed 356QLB, it has twin electric beds in the garage and a loft.
Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quality RVs since 1968

2013 Puma Unleashed 351THSS with Goose Box
2006 F350 KR DRW
bluefinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #7
We have the 2013 XLR 27 HFS, great combo of toy hauler and living space. Plenty of room for the family and the motorcycle
Ray & Barb
2012 Sierra Duramax 2500HD 4 x 4
2013 Forest River XLR Hyperlite 27 HFS
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
RFK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
The wife and I don't have kids but we have the 351-THSS. We do have two motorcycles and sometimes friends (haha!!!) We went with this model because of the dinette. we came from a very small toy hauler model that required we always fold up or down the dinette and sofas so we did not want to do any of that. Garage is almost 12'. Total length is 37'. empty weight is I think 9700 and tongue weight is 14xx.

The price was really affordable for us and we really like the layout. I would have purchased something with fiberglass walls but my first toy hauler has some delam issues and for the time being I'm kind of turned off but there are many that have had zero issues. anyways, I digress.

some pics

11' 8" garage with pleny of tie downs. I however replaced the self-tapping screws with thread type screws and nylon lock nuts.
2015 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351-THSS 37' Toyhauler
2013 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 Kodiak Brown Metallic w/18k Superglide hitch and Air Lift rear air ride

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
As much as we enjoy our 27 HFS, I don't see it as right for your family. Just my opinion.

breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

toy hauler