Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

Holding tank in place of optional fuel tank

We ordered a new Vengeance 25V without the optional 30 gallon fuel tank with pump. Has anyone looked into putting a fresh or gray water holding tank in place of where the 30 gallon fuel tank would have been?

Our rig is still sleeping at the dealer until the warm weather comes around so I can't look for myself.

Thanks,
John
johnm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:03 PM   #2

I'd have to look again but I think it's doable but would not be an easy install. Not sure if it un-bolts or if some welds have to be cut. Took me a while to figure out what the framework was for but some helpful members here enlightened me. Here it is:

You have a good idea and I'm going to look into putting a water tank back there with the main purpose being to add ballast weight behind the axle. That would reduce the hitch weight (pretty heavy) by filling it whenever the motorcycle is not loaded.

BTW...you'll love the 25V. Very well designed and built trailer. Some mods you might consider:

Add a spring on the left side of the patio door. Makes it much easier to lower/lift.
Cut off the top half of the cabinet at the entrance door to have a better TV location.
If you didn't get it, definitely add a power tongue jack. It's really heavy up there.
Latest ones should have LED overhead lights but if not get the bulbs.

Search the Cherokee portion of this forum for other mods. The Vengeance 25V floorplan is almost identical to the GreyWolf 26RR and a lot of the mods done to that can be done to the V.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #3

emm-dee,

Thanks for the info. I've seen several of your threads and like your ideas. We did order the rig with the LED light options and pwr tongue jack.

Is the underside covered with the Coroplast or is it open so you can see everything?
johnm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

Most of the underside is covered but the area around the tank support is pretty much open.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:39 AM   #5
Newly Retired

To me, adding ballast to reduce hitch weight is counter productive.
Have pity on your tires.
A good weight distribution hitch is lighter on the wallet and on your tires.
Your truck will thank you when your in the hills.
Just a thought
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveboe View Post
Have pity on your tires.
Just a thought
Have the WD hitch but it's set up for 1,100 pounds with the Harley loaded. If towing without the Harley loaded hitch weight goes up about 175 pounds. Adding ballast with water behind the axle means not having to reset the hitch. Weight on tires not an issue because fully loaded I'm still over 2,000 pounds below max weight.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #7

The tire comment is waaay overthinking it. If you added a 30 gallon fuel tank, that's about 250 lbs. of water. I'm sure its far less than the bike. Your tires won't really care.

My W&P we just sold carried 110 gallons of water between the axles virtually every trip we made to our races. It had about 8000 miles when we sold it and the tires were in fantastic shape.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveboe View Post
Have pity on your tires.
Just a thought
Don't forget, these have an option to have a 30 gallon gas tank in this location. Changing that to a 30 gallon water tank would be a non-issue for the RV.

Tags
tank