Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1

How long for parts from FR?

This is getting old. We've been waiting for 6 weeks now for some pretty basic parts from FR. Our dealer says "I'll call you when they arrive" every time I call them for a status. Isn't there a more direct way to reach FR?

Parts we need:
Oven vent flap (Black)
Nose graphics
Awning motor

I understand that the motor is a Lippert item, but that doesn't explain why my dealer can't get one for me. When a part fails on my Ford, the dealer doesn't tell me that the part will be delayed because it's made by a subcontractor, so why does FR?
BigKidzFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #2

The delay isn't due to FR, it is your dealer.
I got parts directly from FR in days.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

We purchased our new pop-up in July, took delivery the first Tuesday of August. Ours was the floor model of the 2012 MAC 208 model and from the demo's to possible buyers of the various storage locations the cushion adjacent to the coax connector was getting frayed and torn. 5 weeks till the cushion cover came in,... wrong print.

I put a rubber cover that I found at Lowe's on the coax so nothing gets caught on the threads, problem solved,.... Still waiting for them to get the right cushion cover.
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
The delay isn't due to FR, it is your dealer.
I got parts directly from FR in days.
No worries. I'll be more than happy to bypass my local dealer then when I get the parts wave them in his face (you reading this Craig?) Anyone have a direct contact for FR??
BigKidzFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #5

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the dealer! My wife and I decided to order the optional second bunk for our 27 HFS that we bought back in July. I called the dealer on Aug 1st to place the order. Since I work for a trucking company, I had arranged shipping with my company to save a few bucks. When I ordered the bunk I was told it would be ready for pick up at FR within 7-10 days. I started calling about it after about 2 weeks, causing the dealer to call FR after each call. The Monday before labor day I finally got the call that it was in and ready to be picked up. That Tuesday I called FR myself to get the shipping info for my company, and arrange pick up.

When my driver arrived to make the pick up, FR refused to load my parts because they said they were not packaged to be shipped with a freight company, after me telling the person that I spoke to how they were being transported. The next day I got a call from my dealer stating that FR wanted an additional $100 to crate the parts, and would only ship on the carrier of their choice, with me left to pick up the bill! So after calling the Dealer back to make the $185 additional payment for crating and shipping, I again began to wait. They finally shipped my parts on 9/16 to the local terminal of the company I work for, since the company they chose does not do residential delivery!

While the parts were being delivered, FR called and had the driver bring back 2 of the 4 crates, stating that they had made a mistake and shipped the wrong parts. I did receive the correct parts the next day, or at least that is what I thought. My camper sits on a seasonal site two hours south of my home, so I took the side rails down to install them on 9/22. Once I opened the package, I found they did not include the screws or spacers that were needed to attach the rails to the trolly system. Again I called FR, and was told he would get them to me asap. I finally received the screws and spacers on 10/5. I took everything down this past weekend and installed it, so I finally have a set of queen bunks in the camper, and it only took a little over two months, and a total cost of $900, after thinking it would only be 7-10 days, and $712!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #6

Waiting sucks and both places will point the finger at each other...been there, done that. My situations have been caused from the dealer's side. That said, don't believe that it doesn't happen to companies like Ford. My 2001 Ford E150 van sat at the garage for a month with a bad right rear axle. Not a part in the country. Apparently the third party manufacturer quit making the part due to a problem and no one else was making it. Ford didn't care and could not fully explain what was wrong. Ford, the company, not the dealer told me I was out of luck and should start looking at vintage parts places...vintage for my 2001? Ended up having to buy an entire used rear end to get the one used axle. Over $900 for the repair with used parts that should have cost around $500 with new parts. Oh yeah, just heard the part is back in production...3 months later...Good luck!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #7

String on day/night shade broke. New shade was at our dealer in 7 working days.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #8

I ordered parts directly from FR and had them within a week.
My dealer sent information about bad tires and they shipped 4 new tires on the rims and I had them within two weeks. Took an additional two weeks to ship the spare. These were all shipped by UPS about 1500 miles.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #9

We've been waiting on a replacement awing for our Palomino TT. Covered under warranty, but the replacement was approved on Aug 15. 8 Weeks and counting.....
Is everyone really that clueless about customer "service"....???
shurack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnys_walkers View Post
I ordered parts directly from FR and had them within a week.
My dealer sent information about bad tires and they shipped 4 new tires on the rims and I had them within two weeks. Took an additional two weeks to ship the spare. These were all shipped by UPS about 1500 miles.
Same here, took just over a week shipped directly from Palomino parts department.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #11

How do you contact the FR parts department directly?
Ford F250 4x4
Prime Time Crusader 320RLT Touring Edition
2013 days 7
Mpwelch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #12

I tried to get parts directly from FR but to no avail. Talked to them, they quoted me, gave me shipping charges but never took the credit card info to fill the order. Went to my dealer and got parts in about 10 days. A little more expensive but at least I got them.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpwelch50 View Post
How do you contact the FR parts department directly?
Here is their contact page http://forestriver.wildmanstores.com...ode=Contact.Us
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #14

Not always the dealer. I've been all summer waiting on an adaptor to fit into my grey water galley tank. Apparently the parts guys say the tank and the adaptor are shipped from the manufacturer as one piece. FR warranty for Salem says that's crap and ghat he has ordered me one. In may he ordered me one. Now Oct 10 and I'm still waiting.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyecmpr View Post
Waiting sucks and both places will point the finger at each other...been there, done that. My situations have been caused from the dealer's side. That said, don't believe that it doesn't happen to companies like Ford. My 2001 Ford E150 van sat at the garage for a month with a bad right rear axle. Not a part in the country. Apparently the third party manufacturer quit making the part due to a problem and no one else was making it. Ford didn't care and could not fully explain what was wrong. Ford, the company, not the dealer told me I was out of luck and should start looking at vintage parts places...vintage for my 2001? Ended up having to buy an entire used rear end to get the one used axle. Over $900 for the repair with used parts that should have cost around $500 with new parts. Oh yeah, just heard the part is back in production...3 months later...Good luck!
Agree totally. Back in 2008 3 month old Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab chewed up it's second windshield wiper motor and not one available anywhere in North America. Service manager went out and took one out of a brand new truck on the lot so I could use our truck. So ya not just the RV industry , but the dealership does have alot to do with the customer satisfaction experience.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri
This is not the correct link for Forest River parts. It's for the Forest River Accessories website.

You're best option is always to get the parts at your selling dealer. However, if that's not possible then you'll need to contact the specific Forest River division that built your RV. Each brand typically has it's own parts/warranty personnel, not just one comprehensive parts department for the entire company.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #17

Did you try the number? 2nd paragraph on the page:

"Parts Department (Owners manuals, RV parts, RV decals etc.) : (574) 534-3167
Parts Department Hours: 8AM - 5PM EST"

If it doesn't work I can understand why people are having trouble, lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri
Did you try the number? 2nd paragraph on the page:

"Parts Department (Owners manuals, RV parts, RV decals etc.) : (574) 534-3167
Parts Department Hours: 8AM - 5PM EST"

If it doesn't work I can understand why people are having trouble, lol.
That number will get you the general Forest River office. They will then have to reroute to the correct person. So I guess, yes, indirectly it will get you there.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
Traveling Two

I have had several warranty items completed by my dealer with parts ordered from FR and waiting for their arrival has yet to be a problem, i.e., awning motors, replacement window, replacement countertop. My dealer has been great so maybe they have a good working relationship with FR.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash78 View Post
That number will get you the general Forest River office. They will then have to reroute to the correct person. So I guess, yes, indirectly it will get you there.
That's correct. I just called and she will ask you "What division?". She will then give you the number for the specific manufacturer. Mpwelch50 asked for FR parts without specifying the make.

There is a different number for accessories on that page.

BTW, if anyone needs Palomino parts it's: 269-432-9791