Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #1

Installing Tie Downs - Wildwood

Our 1 year old 29FBSRV came with two tie downs in the garage that are screwed to the floor with 4 tiny wood screws. Ok for securing small rodents with a bungee cord, but that's it.
Will be hauling a motorcycle in our retirement years an need to put in a Condor wheel chock for the front and least one set of hold downs for the rear of the bike.
What have others used? Looks like the fuel storage tank will have to come out to do a proper job of installing a good set of hold downs. Is that a pain?Once I slit the fabric under the RV to gain access to the underside of the floor, how is that slit repaired?
In the past all of our camping has been on the back of a bike in a tent. This is a whole new world for my wife & I.
Appreciate any help / advice
Old 09-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi
Once I slit the fabric under the RV to gain access to the underside of the floor, how is that slit repaired?
Appreciate any help / advice
Hi Guzzi,
I take it the underbelly material is CPS(corrugated plastic sheathing).
If so, it's an easy repair.

To repair the underbelly on my TT after installation of the Tornado Tank Rinser, I used a section of 2" wide FIR, cut to the length of the slit.
I placed it so it overlaps the slit, above the CPS.
Using a piece of 1" wide aluminum thresh-hold strip, I installed galvanized screws into the thresh-hold strip, covering the bottom side of the slit, through the CPS and into the FIR strip.
It make for a clean repair.
If you need a photo of the finished repair, I could email it to you.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #3

With my All American Sport I used the wheel chock and tie down railes that came with the unit. I had my dealer help me install them and they have worked flawlessly hauling my Harley over 3500 miles this year on the Alaska Highway. Be aware though make sure and tie the bike down directly into a firmly bolted tie down. The next trailer my dealer did, his boys in the shop screwed up. It cost him repairs on 2 Harleys to the tune of $8000 dollars.
Cheers
Bear

2000 Volvo 660 D12 425 hp 1550 torque 15 speed, Trailer Saver air ride hitch. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS 40'10" triple slide, triple axle 5'er toybox, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, Onan 5500 Marques Platnum. 1998 Polaris 300 Explorer 4X4 quad, 2003 Polaris 700 Sportsman 4X4 quad, 1994 Jeep YJ "TOAD" 3" lift 31" ProComp Mud Terrain tires

https://community.webshots.com/user/Bears319

https://www.picturetrail.com/bears319

Mission Statement : ZZZZzzzzz
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #4

Hey Guzzi,

I just installed my Condor and "L" track in my 376SRVBS. I put a an 8' section across the front to tie into. It worked well as the frame extended back far enough from the wall that I hit that. As for the rear I installed a 2' section on each side on the dove tail. I drilled this, as it was directly into the sub flooring, and used 1/4" machine screws with plates on the bottom. Worked out well. Same for the condor. BTW I love my Condor!!! It actually supports most of the weight of the bike so it don't take too much to hold it into place. Just what I did and my 2 cent worth. BTW I am hauling an 02 Softail and a golf cart.
mrkdc921 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood