Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

Is the ramp waterproof?

Hey all,

We have a 2016 Vengeance 25V with the ramp patio kit. Is the ramp waterproof? If not, what have people done to make it waterproof? I was thinking about using a DYI bed liner like Herculiner on the top and alum trim (staying away from the door seal).

It'd be nice to not have to worry about rain (not down pours) and enjoy the cool breeze that comes with it. Not to mention it's a large black light absorbing wall when it's closed up.

Thanks,
John

johnm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 AM   #2

Just my opinion The ramp is probably water resistant.... not intended for continuous water...... but as I see the problem is the interior walls and floor of the camper rain rarely falls directly straight down. I would be more concerned of rain on the walls than the ramp.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #3

True - I'd extend the liner into the rig a few feet to some decent looking stopping point and up the walls (think molding). It does have the diamond plate trim but that's not sealed at all.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

I'm not sure about FR products but the last two TH I had were not. I had a Keystone that had a painted ramp which made the wood fairly waterproof but water could get around it and into the frame. Had a Rage'n with a rubber glued on floor cover but it would have the same issues as the trim around it was not sealed.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Retired Member

5th tt , t
Old 06-02-2016, 07:26 AM   #6
Newly Retired

Keep dry

With water intrusion issues being the demise of many RVs. I would use my patio when I wanted and be sure to close it if there were a chance of rain.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #7

They are definitely not waterproof, possibly somewhat resistant. My brand new unit was delivered with a delaminating door,I took delivery with agreement to replace. It was replaced by factory after 4 months, they did what they were supposed to, but I couldnt load anything during that time. I will build an all aluminum next time around, as I am certain it will happen again in the life of the trailer.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #8

Just leave it closed. There is no worse enemy to a camper than water...
Old 06-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #9

Ok - finally got a response from the factory.

My question was ...
"We have a 2016 Vengeance 25V with the deck/patio kit. Is the ramp water proof? I'm not talking about days and days of rain or using it like a boat ramp but if it gets rained on while camping or loading/unloading, do we have to worry about it for the long term?"

Their response ...
"These ramp doors are not 100% water proof. You can lower and load in the rain, and if you have the patio system up and it starts to rain, then you better close it soon. If it gets wet, you are OK. But I would not leave it open an extended amount of time. Water will finally seep into the inside of the door, and if enough water gets in, then your door will start to swell, and have issues. I did however like your boat ramp scenario… That was good."

And to think, when I asked the dealer they told me the rain won't be a problem ... good thing I don't believe most of what the dealer says!

So, what this says to me is I need to seal the door better (caulking or DYI bedliner, etc) so I don't have to worry about this, as much, down the road (as in years not mileage).

Thanks all!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #10

I tend to think that believing what the RV industry says is hard to accept and a universal problem.

Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, water