Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #11

Also check the fittings - the connectors on the end of the cable these are very important on satellite and overlooked a lot should have no fray shielding hanging out anywhere - the center copper conductor should be barely longer than the fitting.

I would go buy some new RG6 cable at Home Depot or bestbuy ect - do not fall for the up sell of Gold plated - this is pure scam profit just good RG6 coax w good compression ends - I don't know how many times I have seen bad coax shipped w receivers

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:59 AM   #12

I think you need a b band converter with the set top box your using this is most likely your problem after thinking a little- had to use my brain 😜

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder

Old 02-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #13

I have seen some old tech support that said the H24 needs a b band converter but I thought that was to make it receive HD channels in in non SWM setup. However I do have one from before my home dish was changed out. I had already put it in the "toolbox" to go back to the camper. I have one and it's easy to hook up so I figured it was worth a try. I will let you know if it worked when I get to camper Friday evening.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #14

I'm reading these posts with a lot of interest because I just purchased this same satellite dish myself. I haven't had it hooked up to my RV yet but I did set it up in my driveway and hooked it up to my Home DVR and it worked fine. I wondered if I would have a problem with it sending power to the dish through the trailers hookup but I guess I'll have to wait till I can hook it up to see what happens. Also even though it won't receive HD channels I was still able to have the resolution on my TV at 1080i
Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
Professional Texan

I have a King Quest Directv dish and have had no problems. You have to have a clean cable coming in (one that goes through nothing,) I get all the channels I get at home. I would recommend that you call king customer support. I found them very helpful.

952-922-6889.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #16

TexasBob do you have any idea if customer support is available on Saturday?
Old 02-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #17
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
TexasBob do you have any idea if customer support is available on Saturday?
Yes they are. Here is the website.

Customer Service | KING

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
I think you need a b band converter with the set top box your using this is most likely your problem after thinking a little- had to use my brain 😜

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder

While reading through these post I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
I have seen some old tech support that said the H24 needs a b band converter but I thought that was to make it receive HD channels in in non SWM setup. However I do have one from before my home dish was changed out. I had already put it in the "toolbox" to go back to the camper. I have one and it's easy to hook up so I figured it was worth a try. I will let you know if it worked when I get to camper Friday evening.

B-band converters are required for NON-SWM set-ups only. SWiM's usually have an external 23volt power inserter that the single lnb cable is connected to. This set-up then split (using special satellite splitter) to feed multiple Tv's.
I'm not familiar with the King Dome so, I don't know if it has its' own built in power inserter. Is the King Dome a SWiM or NON-SWiM configuration?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #19

It's a non SWM from what I understand but it is only capable of receiving SD programming
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #20

Quote:
It's a non SWM from what I understand but it is only capable of receiving SD programming

Yes.....101 sat only. B-band converter probably required. Also, do you have your receiver set up to display "SD duplicates". You'll need to set it to choose SD channels to watch.......menu....settings & help......settings.....display.....preferences.... .Guide HD Channels, change this to "Show all channels" or "Hide HD channels". This will allow the guide to show SD equivelent channels. However, if there are HD channels on the 101 sat. and you choose "Hide HD channels", you will only have access to the SD equivalent.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote