Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

King Quest Directv problem

Anyone have any experience with this "dish"? It is new so I think it's operator error. It would not work at all running it through the campers outside cable connection. By running it through a window I was able to get some channels to work. However it is no picking up all channels. When I look at signal strength it shows 0 on the even transponders. I'm using a H24-100 receiver.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #2

Some of the channels only broadcast in HD. You will not receive HD channels with that dish. If you hook to the outside sat connection you have to turn the switch off to your antenna amplifier usually located on the plate where the inside coax connectors are. I only had to turn it off one time and then when I turned it back on I could switch from antenna to sat with the tv input.

2013 FJR1300
Hthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #3

I understand I won't receive the HD channels but I should receive the SD equivalent right? Example is instead of A&EHD I should receive A&E (standard definition). Am I correct or will I not get those channels at all?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 PM   #4

You should receive all the channels in standard definition if they are in your subscription. Did you get your receiver set up correctly? Did it scan all the channels when you set it up? Are you using a hdmi cable to your tv or coax?
2013 FJR1300
Hthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

Receiver did a scan when first started up. Is that what you mean? Receiver is hooked to tv with HDMI cable. When I turn to the channels it does not receive it has a error code and says it lost communication with the satellite ( or something like that). It seems to be only having problems with channels that also have a HD version. As an example it's getting the Nickelodeon channels that are only standard definition.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #6

King quest sat is not capable of HD only SD - you probably have the wrong satellites selected on your receiver should only be 101 SD no SWM or other HD sats you can still used HD cable output but it will only be 480 resolution on your TV

Connecting sat through cable in RV has to be a dedicated direct cable with nothing else on it (power passing)

Not the cable TV and antenna cable - this will not pass power to sat dish

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #7

It is 101 sat. Satellite type setting is round 18 and multi switch. Says sat signal lost on some of the SD channels. I know it will not pick up HD channels at all.

I have figured out part of the problem with running it through the camper wiring is it can not send power back through the camper wiring. Would it work if the power injector was outside the camper?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #8

It must be a dedicated cable - no splitters no antenna power supply---

The satellite dish power injector should not matter if it's at the satellite or at TV side -

Another question got to ask you have line of sight for sat 101 - no trees or buildings in the line of sight for 101 sat

Sat dish should be on ground or somewhere where there is no obstructions like trees - hook cable with good RG6 cable with compression ends - (no sloppy crimped ends, no RG59, any short will not allow power to pass thru,) to sat dish - hook other end of cable to power injector - make sure your on the right input on injector - hook another RG6 cable to receiver out on power injector and other end to sat receiver -- ( run cable thru door or window for this test do not use RV supplied cable) run setup again enter zip code this will give u compass location which is handy to see if you have line of sight carry a compass with you. -- run setup with round 101 and switch 2 multi switch - make sure power is supplied to power injector - press reset button on power injector - hopefully this works lol

When this works if you only have one coax cable going into RV and want to use that cable I'll explain that in next chapter 😎

Let's get it working first

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #9

Very much agree lets get it working first but it sure is cold in February with the window cracked. Will be Friday night before I can try it as it is parked a hour and a half away. I don't think line of sight is the problem. We are set up in a large parking lot. Campers are sandwiched in together like parked cars so I put the dish on top of the camper to keep other campers from blocking line of sight. It's not permanently installed just sitting on top
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #10

Cable is feed that was supplied with dish. Ran from it to injector and injector has a small cable already attached to it that I attacked straight to receiver