Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
Location of converter/charger

Hi All,

Just purchased my first TH and have been trying to get up to speed on these things. One question I have is electrical related.

Where's the converter/charger located in my TH? Is there a circuit breaker box somewhere accessible?

Thanks,

Ryan
__________________

__________________
2005 Sierra Sport Toy Hauler - T18SP
'01 F250 Diesel CC LB
agoodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cat1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chelsea, Alabama
Posts: 323
Althought mine is not a TH my Converter,Fuse Holder and Breaker Box are all built into one unit and is accessible.It is located beneath the Refrigerator.
__________________

__________________
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1956 View Post
Althought mine is not a TH my Converter,Fuse Holder and Breaker Box are all built into one unit and is accessible.It is located beneath the Refrigerator.
Ahhhhh... I'll remove the screwed on panel below the fridge and see what is behind it.

Thanks for the tip!

--Ryan
__________________
2005 Sierra Sport Toy Hauler - T18SP
'01 F250 Diesel CC LB
agoodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
cat1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chelsea, Alabama
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodhi View Post
Ahhhhh... I'll remove the screwed on panel below the fridge and see what is behind it.

Thanks for the tip!

--Ryan
Mine has it's on built in door flush mount under the fridge.
__________________
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
HookMeUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 117
It should be readily accessable and need the removal of any panels. Look for a brown panel that sits proud of the wall surface.

if you look at this picture it is the brown panel with the yellow sticker on it that is under the frig.

__________________


2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
Found it! Now I know what that metal compartment with vents is. Took me a few minutes to figure out the latch mechanism though.

Before finding the circuit box/converter, I unscrewed a panel off under the fridge and found a water filtration system. I'm guessing the PO added this and not the factory??? Cool find! I was planning on sanitizing the water tank with bleach, but now what will happen to the installed filter. Should I remove it before sanitizing the fresh water tank?

--Ryan
__________________
2005 Sierra Sport Toy Hauler - T18SP
'01 F250 Diesel CC LB
agoodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
cat1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chelsea, Alabama
Posts: 323
Not sure,but I would think so.Let someone else chime in on this one.
__________________
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 4,322
Glad you found your converter. Now I'd suggest you buy spare fuses of all the sizes in there. I bought a fuse kit that has a puller and at least two of every size fuse from 1 to 40 amps and keep it in the RV at all times.

The filter was most likely installed by the factory. I'd remove the filter and throw it away (no telling how long it's been in there) then sanitize the system and replace the filter. That way the system is sanitized and you know you have a good filter.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Glad you found your converter. Now I'd suggest you buy spare fuses of all the sizes in there. I bought a fuse kit that has a puller and at least two of every size fuse from 1 to 40 amps and keep it in the RV at all times.

The filter was most likely installed by the factory. I'd remove the filter and throw it away (no telling how long it's been in there) then sanitize the system and replace the filter. That way the system is sanitized and you know you have a good filter.
I'll put that on the list... spare fuses and new water filter!

Any idea on what 12v output voltage I should expect from the converter? I put my voltmeter on the battery terminals while plug into 120v and got 12.76v. I was expecting to see at least 13v. Maybe the converter (Parallax Power) has multiple stages of charging?

--Ryan
__________________
2005 Sierra Sport Toy Hauler - T18SP
'01 F250 Diesel CC LB
agoodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodhi View Post
I'll put that on the list... spare fuses and new water filter!

Any idea on what 12v output voltage I should expect from the converter? I put my voltmeter on the battery terminals while plug into 120v and got 12.76v. I was expecting to see at least 13v. Maybe the converter (Parallax Power) has multiple stages of charging?

--Ryan
Here's their website. Choose Products and it should have the information for your Convertor there.

http://www.parallaxpower.com/
__________________

__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.