Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #1

Looking For A New Toy Hauler

Hey guys and gals. So I have searched the internet and this forum and can't find anything that relates to my questions. So I just sold my bumper pull trailer I used my sled deck on my truck to bring the atvs. But now I am wanting a toyhauler. It is only my and my girlfriend and a dog so don't need a 40 footer. I have been looking at the smaller cyclones and the fuzion. But can't seem to find much else? What toyhaulers are also 8.5 wide to fit 2 quads side by side? Which toyhaulers are good quality and will last? Also I have thought about the common garage and living area but I am unsure about the mud and gas smell in there. Any help would be appreciated!
Summit151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

I have a grey wolf 26rr toyhauler. You could get two four wheelers in front to back in a row dependent on how big. It is a common living garage. The 27 has separate garage. I love ours I did not want a huge one. Ours is 30ft 8". I can still get in most any park. Does not have fueling station or generator.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #3

How do you like the common living area?
Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #4

I like it once we get to location we use it as living space. If boondocking bike does get in way, but in 27rr it wouldn't. I don't mind because my bike does not leak and is not muddy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2585.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	134037
Without bike

Name:	IMG_1752.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	134038
With bike
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #5

Welcome from WA, it will help a little to tell us what kind of TV you will be towing this toy hauler with, 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton, 4x2, or 4x4 etc?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Welcome from WA, it will help a little to tell us what kind of TV you will be towing this toy hauler with, 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton, 4x2, or 4x4 etc?

Sorry I should have mentioned it's a duramax 2500HD
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 PM   #7

Oh okay now we getting somewhere, make no sense to show you something that you don't have the tv to pull it with. This is one place you can go to, if you do other search you will find that other maker build these. Work and Play Toy Haulers by Forest River RV
Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #8

This one look good.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #9

I have heard mixed reviews on the common living area and garages. Any input?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #10

Or this.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #11

you get the ideal.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #12
Northern NM

Stealth AK2612

My wife and I just purchased a Stealth Toy Hauler and we love it so far. We can't wait to go camping each time. It has made things so much easier with the bathroom and storage space. No need for all the extra things you have to take when you tent camp. We got the model with the outdoor kitchen and love that also. Extra fridge, water and having a sink outside makes things much easier. It has the garage that converts into a living space. I do not have a toy just yet but the plan is to have one before hunting season starts up this year. I don't think the gas from the ATV or mud should be an issue for us. My thought is that when I load the bike before I go on a trip it would be washed and ready to go. When we get to our destination we unload and leave the bike outside until it is time to go back. You do have an outside shower that can be used to spray down the atv before you load it, but I do know if those showers have enough pressure to spray heavy mud off the bike. We also figure that we are camping so a little mud in the camper should not hurt, if it smells a little you can always get some air fresheners or light a candle. How much gas are you intending to spill? Do your ATVs leak gas?
nicoborrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoborrego View Post
My wife and I just purchased a Stealth Toy Hauler and we love it so far. We can't wait to go camping each time. It has made things so much easier with the bathroom and storage space. No need for all the extra things you have to take when you tent camp. We got the model with the outdoor kitchen and love that also. Extra fridge, water and having a sink outside makes things much easier. It has the garage that converts into a living space. I do not have a toy just yet but the plan is to have one before hunting season starts up this year. I don't think the gas from the ATV or mud should be an issue for us. My thought is that when I load the bike before I go on a trip it would be washed and ready to go. When we get to our destination we unload and leave the bike outside until it is time to go back. You do have an outside shower that can be used to spray down the atv before you load it, but I do know if those showers have enough pressure to spray heavy mud off the bike. We also figure that we are camping so a little mud in the camper should not hurt, if it smells a little you can always get some air fresheners or light a candle. How much gas are you intending to spill? Do your ATVs leak gas?

Sounds like you guys made a good choice in a camper! Do you have any pictures or model number? My atvs don't leak gas but I do a lot of hunting and there is a ton of mud usually so just concerned about the floor getting stained or some thing. A separate garage would be nice I think but it's a hard choice
Old 04-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #14
Northern NM

We like the separate garage also but most campers with a separate garage are 35 feet+ and weigh well over 10k. I have a Tundra so we had a weight limit of about 10.5k. My camper model number is AK2612. It is a 2017 Stealth. Don't think the mud will be an issue as far as stains go because the floor is that hard laminate wood flooring. You can literally wash or mop the mud out if you needed to. Also i dont see any problems fitting two ATVs in our camper. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170304_135302.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	134039  
nicoborrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #15
HDU

26rr toy hauler

We also have the Grey Wolf 26RR and love it. It is just my wife and I with Harleys, and it suits us perfectly. My bikes don't leak, but as a precaution, I bought horse mats from a local farm store, they are about 1/2" thick rubber and the mats protect the floor in case of mud, or if anything would leak or spill. The 26RR also has vents that are on the sides of the camper that are specifically for ventilating any fumes in the camper while driving. The vent in the front opens forward, and the rear vent opens rearward, creating a nice flow through of air while driving. We removed the factory table and rear bed cushions and put a love seat across the back (after we unload the bike) which we find much more comfortable. If you have more than a few people though, our couch set up would not be desirable unless you also used air mattresses or cots for additional sleepers, but we find with the couch idea, we have much more room in the main room of the camper. If we had to get another toy hauler, we would go with the 26RR again based on our satisfaction of overall design, weight, and usable space. Harleys are different than hauling two atv's side by side though, which I don't think the 26RR could handle, I would think you would need to haul them with one in front of the other in the 26RR.
HDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #16

Toyhauler Suggestion

Summitt151,
I have a Wolf Pack 2412 toyhauler that sounds like what you are looking for, 27 feet in length. I haul a kayak trailer inside. The garage is combined into living area, over 15 feet. About 7000 lbs total weight, but very versatile in what it can do. Check them out, might be what you are looking for.

cseeger22
cseeger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #17
jkoenig24

Space Craft makes custom trailers including toy haulers.

Space Craft MFG.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #18

Garages

Not sure about the sizes, but we have a XLR27HFS and it has the separate garage. We haul a Tri Glide. We had a smaller Forest River TH that didn't have a separate garage and we did not like it for several reasons:

If we stopped to rest or eat we had to crawl over the bike to do anything.
We tracked all sorts of stuff in and the tires did too.
The bed wouldn't come down as far when the bike was under it.
We had to watch the TV across the bike.

So, we are extremely happy with the separate garage.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit151 View Post
Hey guys and gals. So I have searched the internet and this forum and can't find anything that relates to my questions. So I just sold my bumper pull trailer I used my sled deck on my truck to bring the atvs. But now I am wanting a toyhauler. It is only my and my girlfriend and a dog so don't need a 40 footer. I have been looking at the smaller cyclones and the fuzion. But can't seem to find much else? What toyhaulers are also 8.5 wide to fit 2 quads side by side? Which toyhaulers are good quality and will last? Also I have thought about the common garage and living area but I am unsure about the mud and gas smell in there. Any help would be appreciated!
We like the toys in our living room so as to not waste space with a dedicated garage, but we still want to sleep in a bed room. We have the Sandstorm 250 , but for wanting the larger living room, we would have had a 240 yeilding a larger more functional bathroom and still walk around short queen bed. Wife vetoed the tight kitchen too.

Good luck.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #20
BMullins46

Summit151

We just bought a XLR Thunderbolt.
I toured the factory at the FROG rally last year, they have several options available, go to the Forest River web site and click on toy haulers. You'll find that Forest River has several different brands available from the very basic entry level units up to the expensive ones, look through the different brands and their floor plans and I'm sure you'll find something that catches your eye. We've found Forest River to be very supportive of their customers and the FROG is a great place to for expanding your RV horizons. Good luck in your search.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler