Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #1

Looking for a TH...recommendations?

Hello,

New to forums, been looking for a new trailer last few days, and I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm in northern Alberta. I camp at work, and will see win zero C temps. I've been in my trailer since late April this years Terry has lost the fridge, and is starting to show wear from a few years off, at storage.

I have 4 kids, so I was thinking a TH. I could load the back with bikes, etc, and head out. I use my work trucks to pull. So orepacking isn't handy. My 12 has a sled deck. So it's a pain to tie bike down. With fiver I stack bikes around. But with my younger kids now getting bikes, I will have 6 bikes. My 06 doesn't have a hitch for it.

So I'm looking at bumper pull toy haulers. Weight doesn't matter. I'd rather have better insulation etc, than light weight. My 06 is stock, and will get tuned. My 12 pulls like a freight train. I pulled a combined 28K with trailer and sod, No problem. (Stopping was another story).

I've been looking at a few models of Forest Rivers, but I'm open to anything. Here is what I want;

1. Bumper pull
2. Drop down beds in garage (or sidewall benches into bed). They will stay as beds full time.
3. U-Dinette (we hate folding down tables/couches for beds everyday) want to have a perminanent dinner table for kids. No taking stuff up and down.
4. Large fridge (6 people plus I work out of it)
5. Outside shower a plus
6. Cold weather package (heated/skirted/tank heaters)
7. Large HW Tank/on demand
8. Large Fresh Water (100gal+)
9. Great insulation for cold weather living

I've been looking at Wolfpack 25pack12, XLR lines, etc.

Anyone have a recommendation in the FR line, sister lines, or even another brand. Not looking to break bank, trying to stay 50ish CDN.
N49ATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #2

I just ordered the stealth 2715. We did look at the stealth 2916 and that was a fabulous trailer all amenities you are asking and plenty of bunk/sleep area.
Svtyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #3

We are looking at upgrading from our 26RR and have a lot of the same requirements as you do. Unfortunately, I can't find anything from FR that has the insulation R Values that I am looking for. Because of that, the Highland Ridge Highlander 31RGR is on the short list....it is 4 seasons compatible, has opposing slides, and a 10' garage with WD hookups. You can also get them with the U-Lounge which has a Queen bed. It will probably be on the high side of your budget, but it has more features that you can't really get anywhere else.

https://www.highlandridgerv.com/prod...ailers/HT31RGR