Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Maiden voyage in Vengeance 398v

Hey guys thanks for taking just a minute for me.

We made it back last night from our first trip out in our new toy hauler. We made about a 600 mile run to check things out. Bottom line is we absolutely loved every minute of it. The trailer pulls like a dream but squats my 3500 Dodge Dually just a bit more than I anticipated and body roll in cornering is a concern. My bags and air system will be here this week to install and alleviate the problem.

Everything went smoothly and only have a few issues to consult with the dealership on. MY first big question is how has your experience been with getting dealerships to comply with warranty issues?

1. The water heater sucks, temp only gets to about 90 degrees (verified with thermometer) for a few, very short, minutes. Called the dealership they suggested finding the blend valve and opening it, which I did and it DID NOT help. Hot was full on cold completely off and that is all she had! I was disappointed to learn there wasnt a variable thermostat, so how hot is the water supposed to get, I am looking for 110- 120 degrees. being a 6 gallon my first thought is to switch to tankless.

2. In doing my hit list trying to solve the water heater problems, found two faucets that the hot/cold is reversed.

3. MY hauler door appears to be delaminating and is weak in spots. I stepped in one spot and the ply-wood broke. There is a noticeable protrusion on the outside of the door. Anybody ever had this problem on a brand new TH?

I have always been the person just to fix the problems myself but had to retrain myself and going to attempt to let the dealership and factory remedy these issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camping1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	98750  
mrh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #2

For your water heater make sure valves at the back of water heater are as in picture below....
Attached Images

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #3

Thanks Fonzie, The picture is just the opposite of what the guy told me from service. I will give it a try and see what happens.
mrh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 PM   #4

First off congratulations on your new Toyhauler we also own a Vengeance as well. As for #3 on your list you should not be experiencing any delame @ all on a new camper . Our last Toyhauler ( different manufactor /brand ) we had delame issues & they paid to pick it up in our driveway and repaired it @ the factory with no cost out of our pocket. Basically we pay to much money for these units to leak straight from the factory. Sorry if I mis spelled something / I was typing quick @ work.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

Congrats on your new TH, we also have a Vengeance 39B12. No issues with delamination or leaking. Our hot water heater on gas mode will light you on fire. Good luck!
BRUCEANDCYNDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Maiden voyage in Vengeance 398v

If your by pass valves were incorrect that would explain two faucets being backwards

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #7

Congratulations on your purchase! We have the 2016 377v being towed by a 2015 ram 2500. I have added bags and an upgraded sway. Truck has a 6 inch lift and trailer has 4 inch. We put about the same amount of miles as you and in different conditions. Never felt concern as far as towing. Of course your trailer is heavier.
We have only had very minor issues. Nothing I couldn't fix myself. Loose door screw, partial seal coming loose, etc. no delaminating issues. Hot water is also great. I'm sure your heating problem is just a valve configuration one.
Junior25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #8
Toy Haulin' Full Time!

Your delamination issue is a poorly sealed door. Water gets in there and wham! They must replace the entire door. FR will take care of you, if your dealer balks, call FR directly. It may take some time, they typically ship the door in the next TH sent to the dealer with a big enough garage to hold it.
Earvinery is offline   Reply With Quote