Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #1

Max height of golfcart in Wolfpack

We are looking at purchasing a 5th wheel toyhauler. Since this is our first 5th wheel we were leaning toward a Wolfpack or XLR. We have a travel trailer we have been pulling around for about 6 years. We got a golfcart that I put in the bed of the truck. Our cart is lifted with 14 inch tires, it requires about 84 inches to clear. What is the typical clearance going into the garage on these toyhaulers? I have found every spec on them except for the garage clearance. I know if there is a bed that will reduce the clearance some.
dragonheartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

Mine's 81" under the top happi-jak bed with the bottom couch/bed folded down to the sides. No lift-kit on my cart for that reason. My TH IS TT, not a 5th wheel so you may have higher clearance with a 5th.

If you have a dealer close, I'd be taking a trip to measure twice, purchase once.
Even then, I'd be concerned if the placement of the tracks for the happi-jak could vary from install to install if it was closer than an inch to what I needed.

Click For Full-Size Image."] Click For Full-Size Image.[/URL]
Old 05-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #3

several fold down brkts available to lower roof for transport, or you can make your own for about $40.00

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #4

Thanks. 81" on a TT, that gives me hope we will be fine. In searching for a general clearance I have read of people taking their carts with them when they go to look at a toyhauler; I guess that is one way to make sure. We have a dealer less than an hour away, but everyone I know of says not to go there. They do have just an middle of the road review from people on google.
dragonheartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:30 AM   #5

If they sell the model you want and have them in stock, I'd go and check them out. Just don't get sucked into purchasing there if they have middle of the road reviews. There is a reason that's who they are according to the people that reviewed them. If it's more than a handful of reviews giving them average or poor reviews (I use the 80% positive-20% negative rule), believe them.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:41 PM   #6

Golf cart in my new toy hauler

Here is my cart (6"lift and 12 or14" tires) loading into my new 5th wheel TH.

JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote