Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Noisy water pump

Anyone else have a really noisy pump? The one in our new Coachman 301 is aweful and doesn't seem to put out enough either.

Anyone else run into this? Did you do anything to make it better or just swapped it out. I did check and it is tight in its mounts.
Clayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
Site Team

It is usually not the pump itself that is noisy, it it the vibration of the surface it is attached to that creates most of the noise. I have had luck adding a piece of 1" pressed board between the water pump and the panel it is mounted to. Anything that will keep the vibration of the pump from being transferred wood surface it is attached to.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #3

Ours was really noisy the first time we used it. It was because it was getting all the air out. Once all the air is out then it is a lot quieter. Then it only makes sound when turn water on. Other campers at last campground sounded just like ours. So it is normal. But it was very noisy at first!
rjstudio66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #4

Lol.. no it's not the cavitation from initial startup. It was anytime it kicked on.

I added and accumulator and it's much quiter now.

However we finally ran the tank down to the point that the pump starts to suck air. Only problem is the gauge still reads 1/3 tank. If I open the drain and let all the water out then it reads empty.
Clayh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump