Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

party deck and options

I am looking at ordering a 2016 nitro 305 and was going thru the options. Is the party deck work the expense. It looks like it cost $1500. and the optional steps are about $500 and the awning is another $1000. These are all Msrp prices. I just dont want to spend it if we are not going to use it. Only benefit i see is the dealer says its a reinforced door so it should be stronger. For 2016 the extreme package adds dual pane windows and heated tanks. Is it work the extra $1500. I dont plan on camping it its below freezing.
thanks
bmallak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #2

In my opinion, yes on both accounts.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #3

I have a 16 305 with party deck and extreme pkg. haven't used either one yet but I want too! Lol
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

I have a 16 305 with party deck and extreme pkg. I haven't used either yet but we just had a baby too. Dnt have steps or awing
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #5

Extreme package YES for the Windows .
Many camp sites will not work with the patio, but when you find one that works it's nice. 3 season door may help with the patio option.

Back in sites with rivers or bays are nice with patios. The patio can hang over the edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #6

We have both on our XLR and to us the extreme package is worth if mostly for the Windows as they do help in hit and cold weather. The patio deck has never really been used. One problem is it lets all the heat or cold out of the garage and if you want to use the garage later that night it takes awhile for Otto heat or cool back to where it is comfortable. Also I would not leave it open over night because of the heavy dew we get most mornings. Would not want the inside of the garage to be all wet.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
We have both on our XLR and to us the extreme package is worth if mostly for the Windows as they do help in hit and cold weather. The patio deck has never really been used. One problem is it lets all the heat or cold out of the garage and if you want to use the garage later that night it takes awhile for Otto heat or cool back to where it is comfortable. Also I would not leave it open over night because of the heavy dew we get most mornings. Would not want the inside of the garage to be all wet.
always use patio we have 3 season doors garage always warm and dry also have electric awning nice to protect chairs and table best equipped us never to much....also cheaper when you order from manufacturer than add on by a dealer that may have never seen or install 3season doors
Old 01-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #8

1) Love deck. You need the 3 seasons door to get most use and not have to close up. Keeps heat in (well sort of) and brightens up whole room. When we get where we are going, the Trike gets the boot, carpet goes down, and wife takes over and starts quilting. Definitely glad for deck awning (prevent rain into garage despite 3 season door). Yes, too much money but oh well, only get to enjoy for a few more years.

2) Often get below freezing weather as we migrate from New York to FL and back. The insulated glass/dual pane is a must, especially given the area of glass on our 395 AMP Thunderbolt. Tanks are heated,
we keep water heater on. Only problem (that I will fix) is the capped drains hang down and freeze. Need to put shutoffs inside.
tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #9

What do you mean "capped drains"?
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #10

On our 395 XLR TH the underside is covered by a kind of coated cardboard. The red and blue low point drains hang 4 in or so straight down and are capped on ends. Thus totally exposed pipes to freeze (they did).
Old 01-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Allard View Post
always use patio we have 3 season doors garage always warm and dry also have electric awning nice to protect chairs and table best equipped us never to much....also cheaper when you order from manufacturer than add on by a dealer that may have never seen or install 3season doors
I've been trying to get the 3season doors. The only supplier I've found is Lippert and they say they will only supply direct to a manufacturer. They told the dealer they're not available to anyone except when purchasing a new unit.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmallak View Post
I am looking at ordering a 2016 nitro 305 and was going thru the options. Is the party deck work the expense. It looks like it cost $1500. and the optional steps are about $500 and the awning is another $1000. These are all Msrp prices. I just dont want to spend it if we are not going to use it. Only benefit i see is the dealer says its a reinforced door so it should be stronger. For 2016 the extreme package adds dual pane windows and heated tanks. Is it work the extra $1500. I dont plan on camping it its below freezing.
thanks
IMO No on both counts , Meaning after looking over both doors carefully i see no difference in doors , But the debate continues . you need to buy for you . You may find the party deck is just what the doctor ordered or you may get it and never use it or use it sparingly
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
CDR USN Ret

Party Deck

Have party deck, awning, three seasons door. Full time, use all the time, love them.
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #14

to eem-dee
We bought our rv off the lot. Made the deal include swapping out screen doors. We have a good dealer and they did nice job. They had to improvise some. Another reason for good dealer. If you are handy you could do it yourself. The trick is this: the dealer had FR ship it by placing in a new rv coming to them. Shipping would be horrendous.
Dealer was Avalon of Ohio (south of Cleveland). We live 325 mi away, in ny.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedo View Post
to eem-dee
We bought our rv off the lot. Made the deal include swapping out screen doors. We have a good dealer and they did nice job. They had to improvise some. Another reason for good dealer. If you are handy you could do it yourself. The trick is this: the dealer had FR ship it by placing in a new rv coming to them. Shipping would be horrendous.
Thanks for that info. I'll talk to my dealer and see if they can get one for me.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedo View Post
to eem-dee
Y shipping would be a problem....mine where defective and needed to replace so I drove to manufacturer and got them replace I live 1,000 miles away..but worth the trip..
Old 01-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #17

Ah. Got it. I suppose cutoffs would be a good idea, or, you could put an insulated cover over the portion that is outside the bottom of the RV. Kinda like those things they sell at the hardware store to insulate the outside hose bib on your house.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #18

When we were camping at YELLOWSTONE'S EDGE campground the rear deck backed out over the Yellowstone River, watching the Eagles, the Osprey and the Trout fishermen along the river was well worth any questions about the cost.
Have fun while you can.
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #19

Thanks for the responses. I can see how it could be used but we talked about it and for the way we are going to use it which is to haul atvs and the places we will use it we don't think it will get used so we decided to pass on it and put the money towards other options. Thanks
bmallak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #20

We don't have a toy hauler but do have the rear deck on our 360 PDEK. Get the awning it is worth it. We have stairs for our but never use them, none of our sites have been level enough to use them. They are now in the shed. We use our deck on every trip, the dogs love as well as I do.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote