Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

party deck and options

I am looking at ordering a 2016 nitro 305 and was going thru the options. Is the party deck work the expense. It looks like it cost $1500. and the optional steps are about $500 and the awning is another $1000. These are all Msrp prices. I just dont want to spend it if we are not going to use it. Only benefit i see is the dealer says its a reinforced door so it should be stronger. For 2016 the extreme package adds dual pane windows and heated tanks. Is it work the extra $1500. I dont plan on camping it its below freezing.
thanks

Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #2

In my opinion, yes on both accounts.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL

R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #3

I have a 16 305 with party deck and extreme pkg. haven't used either one yet but I want too! Lol
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

I have a 16 305 with party deck and extreme pkg. I haven't used either yet but we just had a baby too. Dnt have steps or awing
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #5

Extreme package YES for the Windows .
Many camp sites will not work with the patio, but when you find one that works it's nice. 3 season door may help with the patio option.

Back in sites with rivers or bays are nice with patios. The patio can hang over the edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #6

We have both on our XLR and to us the extreme package is worth if mostly for the Windows as they do help in hit and cold weather. The patio deck has never really been used. One problem is it lets all the heat or cold out of the garage and if you want to use the garage later that night it takes awhile for Otto heat or cool back to where it is comfortable. Also I would not leave it open over night because of the heavy dew we get most mornings. Would not want the inside of the garage to be all wet.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
We have both on our XLR and to us the extreme package is worth if mostly for the Windows as they do help in hit and cold weather. The patio deck has never really been used. One problem is it lets all the heat or cold out of the garage and if you want to use the garage later that night it takes awhile for Otto heat or cool back to where it is comfortable. Also I would not leave it open over night because of the heavy dew we get most mornings. Would not want the inside of the garage to be all wet.
always use patio we have 3 season doors garage always warm and dry also have electric awning nice to protect chairs and table best equipped us never to much....also cheaper when you order from manufacturer than add on by a dealer that may have never seen or install 3season doors
Old 01-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #8

1) Love deck. You need the 3 seasons door to get most use and not have to close up. Keeps heat in (well sort of) and brightens up whole room. When we get where we are going, the Trike gets the boot, carpet goes down, and wife takes over and starts quilting. Definitely glad for deck awning (prevent rain into garage despite 3 season door). Yes, too much money but oh well, only get to enjoy for a few more years.

2) Often get below freezing weather as we migrate from New York to FL and back. The insulated glass/dual pane is a must, especially given the area of glass on our 395 AMP Thunderbolt. Tanks are heated,
we keep water heater on. Only problem (that I will fix) is the capped drains hang down and freeze. Need to put shutoffs inside.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #9

What do you mean "capped drains"?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #10

On our 395 XLR TH the underside is covered by a kind of coated cardboard. The red and blue low point drains hang 4 in or so straight down and are capped on ends. Thus totally exposed pipes to freeze (they did).