Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #1

Patio frame

What is suppose to secure the patio frame from flopping around on a toy hauler?
ijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:55 AM   #2

The question is somewhat confusing.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:04 AM   #3

I think the OP might be confusing the Patio frame with the Patio Railing that folds up when Patio is closed.
If that is the case, on my TH the railing is pinned both in the up and down positions. This keeps it in place when the door is closed.
I have not seen any problems with my (wear points/damage) mine so far.
Mule
Muletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muletrain View Post
I think the OP might be confusing the Patio frame with the Patio Railing that folds up when Patio is closed.
If that is the case, on my TH the railing is pinned both in the up and down positions. This keeps it in place when the door is closed.
I have not seen any problems with my (wear points/damage) mine so far.
Mule
Can you get a picture. Thanks.
ijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
Always Learning

My patio railing just has a bit of velcro to hold it all together in the closed position.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #6

The lippert railing has the pins and often no gate/steps. This one uses the pins and is actually quite stable. It is slightly longer to get up off the ramp for loading/unloading but I actually prefer this rail kit. When stowed or when up for loading toys this rail kit is rock solid.

The Morryde version is attached to the door jam sides and swings out. In my opinion this one is no faster to completely deploy, but has less lifting. The only positive to me is the stairs, but they are a pain to carry around if you are ocd about keeping your TH tidy. These stow with Velcro and are not at all sturdy when in this position. To the OP I would suggest additional strapping if this is the kit you have. They also tend to swing closed across the ramp in the slightest breeze or when not level. You can see a bit of this as he backs out the bike in keystone’s video:
https://youtu.be/PUtdJyH2mQw

I wish I could have the zero-g door with an LCI patio kit. Another “improvement” I don’t care for are the new main entry “sturdy” steps. Until they figure out a way to stow them underneath the floor and not blocking the door I am not interested.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame