Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #1

Prime Time Spartan

I've seen the Spartan mentioned elsewhere in the Forest River Forum, but not in the area exclusively for toy haulers. Now that there are a number of us out here...let's start a thread in this section. Will really appreciate/enjoy reading about the new Spartan and what people are thinking. Thanks.
steven1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #2

Picking our 2016 Spartan 1032 up next week. Looking forward to getting out in it and sharing our experiences, but more than that, hearing what others have to say. Steve
Old 05-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #3

I think that's a great idea. We picked up our 2015 3210 in January. We've had no problems at all with this TH. The last one we had was another brand and everytime we went out something went wrong. Wifes happy now.
Eskimo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #4

Taking out the lower bed in the Spartan 1032

We had no need for the lower bed/bench seat...so we took it out. Really opens it up...if anyone cares to hear how easy it was, let me know.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #5

Happy wife happy life!
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #6

2510 with one year of use
had a issue with water tank mounts but its all fixed now. Keep an eye on the tanks.
Other than that we love it.
shaunmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #7

We picked up our 2016 1234x on 7 feb. We came up with a fairly long list of small items during the walk thru that the dealer signed a promissory note to take care of. one of the things is a bubble in the side about 10" around. this is a thing that really concerns me, like enough that I am thinking now maybe I shouldn't have excepted the unit. I really hope it doesn't have to go back to the factory to get fixed, but I have a feeling it will have to to get fixed right. All the other concerns were minor and mostly cosmetic.

On the other hand, we took it out to the desert for Presidents day and it was awesome. it tows great and is so much more comfortable than our old bumper pull unit. Need to upgrade the batteries, I knew this from the get go but it is annoying to have to put 35 hours on the generator in one weekend.
I have a short bed dually and I went with the B&W companion slider. the way the trailer is shaped I probably could have done without the slider but I had no way to know that ahead of time. Oh well, now I have it in case I ever need it. Just wanted to share my initial experience.
Brian
big jim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to CPTMORGAN
Prime Time Spartan 1032

Picked ours up last Nov. We have had a few things
fixed but over all we love it. Hauled bike in back and
went to Florida last Jan. Had great time.
CPTMORGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #9

Hi All Just PDIed our Spartan 300 4012. Will roll it out next week for the first trip Very excited to be a part of this community
cuthbertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #10
OTG Spartan

We picked our 2016 1245 in Dec 15. I believe that mine was intended for a left handed person, or the first unit the trainee got to work solo, because a lot of things were mounted backwards compared to ones on the lot as well as what the brochure shows, and the big kicker was the onboard fuel tanks were installed backwards and cannot get anyone to call me back on getting them installed correctly, other then the manufacturer of the fuel tanks that told me they were backwards
OTG Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
OTG Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim78 View Post
We picked up our 2016 1234x on 7 feb. We came up with a fairly long list of small items during the walk thru that the dealer signed a promissory note to take care of. one of the things is a bubble in the side about 10" around. this is a thing that really concerns me, like enough that I am thinking now maybe I shouldn't have excepted the unit. I really hope it doesn't have to go back to the factory to get fixed, but I have a feeling it will have to to get fixed right. All the other concerns were minor and mostly cosmetic.

On the other hand, we took it out to the desert for Presidents day and it was awesome. it tows great and is so much more comfortable than our old bumper pull unit. Need to upgrade the batteries, I knew this from the get go but it is annoying to have to put 35 hours on the generator in one weekend.
I have a short bed dually and I went with the B&W companion slider. the way the trailer is shaped I probably could have done without the slider but I had no way to know that ahead of time. Oh well, now I have it in case I ever need it. Just wanted to share my initial experience.
Brian
Brian, what happened with bubble because I just noticed I have one as well?
OTG Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time