Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #1

Ramp angle

I have a prime time fury 2910. When I load or unload my cam am Spyder it hangs up when I back it off. Is there a tip to change this angle.
ijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #2

Several ways. One, you can detach the trailer from your vehicle and raise the tongue of the trailer high enough to reduce the angle between the ramp and trailer floor. Or put some blocks under the ramp to raise it enough to reduce the angle of the ramp/floor.

The easiest would probably be putting the blocks under the ramp raising it several inches. If you need to raise the ramp enough that you have problems with the spyder bottoming out getting on the ramp, you can build a small ramp to the ramp.

When putting in my ex's bike, it is pretty low slung, I have to use blocks to reduce the angle. I only need to raise the ramp about 2" for it to work (have the gouge to prove it didn't work the first time ).

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

I have a similar challenge getting my HD Road Glide Ultra out of my Primetime Spartan 1032...since the rear of the trailer is pretty high. I have the 6 point hydraulic leveling system....so I can tilt the trailer by retracting the rear and center stabilizers, then extend the front stabilizers fully raising the front of the coach and lowering the rear. This give me a much better angle. Without power assist, it is not that easy to tilt the trailer that far however.

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #4

I keep it hooked up to the truck for stability. Then I raise both the tongue with the truck attached to lessen the ramp angle. Placing blocks underneath ramp also helps.
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post
I have a prime time fury 2910. When I load or unload my cam am Spyder it hangs up when I back it off. Is there a tip to change this angle.

Raise the nose, block under the ramp, and look for elevated spots to back up to. A little slope helps a lot.
Bubbynico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbynico View Post
Raise the nose, block under the ramp, and look for elevated spots to back up to. A little slope helps a lot.

This with my Spyder
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 AM   #7

Block up the ramp about 1 foot. (or whatever hight you need to clear that first and second hump) Add a set of folding ramps used for pickups. Ride it or walk it up. No need for jacking the trailer up and down. You don't wanna leave your baby out in the rain do you?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #8

Best Choice

We deal with race cars hitting the underside of car. This is what we use when that happens. The easiest and cheapest way to raise your rear before disconnecting from your truck. Back up raise rear unload then set up. Fixed.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Tim IN NC
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Block up the ramp about 1 foot. (or whatever hight you need to clear that first and second hump) Add a set of folding ramps used for pickups. Ride it or walk it up. No need for jacking the trailer up and down. You don't wanna leave your baby out in the rain do you?

Ramps are a big item to lug around, and will eventually puncture the ramp floor
Bubbynico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #10

Try this setup. It’s what I use. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	343.4 KB
ID:	164204
erupert66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #11

When I was talking about the truck ramps you back your truck (rear wheels) up about 8” before disconnecting causing a low degree for unloading. Then disconnect from truck
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #12

I bought two scissor jacks. So I can adjust the angle of the ramp any where.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post
I bought two scissor jacks. So I can adjust the angle of the ramp any where.
I took back the scissor jacks and bought ramps to back the truck on. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #14

Ramp and floor improvements

I installed swing leg jacks on my rear door to raise the rear of the ramp, I extended the ramp with half a sheet of 3/4" plywood bolted through the door with strap hinges. A barrel bolt holds the ramp extension when the door is closed. Also because I don't like slippery floors, I bought stair tread non skid pads by 3M and covered the floor. A rubber gym mat goes on top of the non skid pads.
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote