Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
Ramp Needed

I am in need for a ramp ta haul a couple ATV's. This is what I found online. Any opinion? Which would be the best option when it comes value for money? Thanks.
ATV Ramps from

Silverado 1500 looking forward to tow rv trailer soon
andrew963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
My son has the bifold 6 ft ramp to load his ATV into his truck and it seems to work fine. I'm no expert though.

2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
I bought a tri-fold at Harbor Freight some years back for my four wheelers. Since then I have bought a Polaris RZR and have used it to load it into my pickup. The rzr weighs 1000lbs. I think that is the rating on the ramp. I believe it was less than $100. Always be sure to fasten it to the truck with the security chains before loading/unloading. I read somewhere that 75% of accidents occur from ramps kicking out from under people during the loading operation.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
I got mine at Lowes, they had the best price. keep this in mind, the longer the better as it reduces the incline of the ramp into the truck bed, at makes it safer. some that seem less expensive are because they are shorter.
2011 GMC 3500HD 4x4 Crew DRW Duramax
Pullrite 20.5K
2012 Sierra 365SAQ
2006 Police Roadking FLHPi
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Arched ramps eliminate getting caught at the top of the ramp when loading. You may want to check the common on line shops that deal with motorcycles, ie. Cycle Gear, Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mountain ATV, and don't overlook Cabela's retail stores if you have one near you. If you can wait, Cycle Gear usually has killer Black Friday deals the day after Thanksgiving... sometimes 75% off.
Carr, Brenda, Hannah, Callie and Sammy. An F350, a 30WRLTSA, a couple of scooters, and little precious family time. We camp, we ride, we love.
beanoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Thanks for the input guys. I ended up getting this one.
Draw-Tite Arched Aluminum Center Fold Ramp Set -

Silverado 1500 looking forward to tow rv trailer soon
andrew963 is offline   Reply With Quote