Old 09-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Satellite Prep on Roof

Can anyone tell me if 2014 40X12HP has been prep'ed for satellite on roof and if so where is it located. In my prior 5th wheels there was an indication on the interior roof indicating the location.

mje000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
I don't know but I would assume that if you have Sat connection where your TV is then I would say it's wired for Sat either on the roof or connection for portable unit.

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Coachmen Adrenaline
That change was a recent one for us here. We had just been putting sat prep on the sidewalls, but now are wiring both. I would say yours is only on your sidewall.
I am on this forum to help as I can, and am in no way the official response of Forest River, Inc.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
"Satellite Prep on Roof" is part of the Lightning package on the XLR's. I would like to know where mine is at, I did not see anything when I was up there.
2015 Thunderbolt XLR 340X12HP
2011 Ford F250, 6.7, CC, SB with B&W Companion Slider

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I don't know but I would assume that if you have Sat connection where your TV is then I would say it's wired for Sat either on the roof or connection for portable unit.
I would not make this assumption. On my 30hfs-5, I have a "sat/aux" jack on the TV wall, but the only thing it's connected to is the cable splitter right next to it. Since the cable splitter will block any satellite signal from getting through it, my unit was technically not wired for satellite when it came from the factory, despite there being a "sat/aux" jack on the wall. So just 'cause it's there doesn't mean it works...

You may have to run a dedicated satellite coax cable out to the point on your outside wall where the cable input is and install an input jack for it right next to the cable one. I had to.
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

roo, roof, satellite