Old 02-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

Semi-permanent Set Up

Instead of storing our 41 ft Toy Hauler in the back yard we decided to take it to an RV Park near the beach, about two and a half hours from our home. This way we can go to the beach for a quick weekend, or a long weekend, without the hassle of having to tow it back and forth and loading and unloading it. If we decide to take a long trip, we simply take our F-450 to the campground, retrieve the Toy Hauler, secure everything inside, load the golf cart and off we go. We believe this gives us more opportunities and flexibility to use our rig. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #2

People do it at the campground we full time at , as there are enough full timers to keep eyes on things

Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #3

IMHO you'll get more use out of it that way. You won't have to worry about reservations, set up/take down time, and you'll save on fuel and wear & tear too.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #4
Just Love to Camp

The only thing I foresee being a pain in loading and unloading of clothes and food. Adds a extra step. Off the subject but what beach? We love Myrtle and if it is Myrtle Beach we stay at the travel park there and would love to meet another XLR owner

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #5

Our home base is Ocean Breeze RV Oark and Family Camp Ground. near Holden Beach located on Sabbath Home Road in Supply, NC. It is less than 10 minutes from the beach. Shallotte is about 15 minutes north of Calabash, NC. Exit onto NC Road 139 East and follow 130 right into Supplyturning right at the WalGreens Pharmacy will take you across the bridge into Holden Beach. Going straight through the list will take you by the entrance to Ocean Breeze, about one fourth to three rights of a mile in the left.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #6

i think its a great idea.

lugging around a larger trailer everytime you want to go camping is not only expensive, its time consuming and adds wear and tear for nothing if you plan to camp the same area regularly. your fuel savings alone for not having to haul the trailer there for 1 weekend probably pays for your lot for 2 months and your fuel cost to drive mommas minivan out there every weekend!

i think you would get alot more use out of it that way, simply load up the beer and groceries (and the ol lady, little hoodlums and whatever else you might have to bring LOL) and your there in no time and ready to rock.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #7

I have done the seasonal route three times and will NEVER do it again. If you tow each time you can move away from idiots that might become your neighbors. Most of the time there are no problems, but when there are it can ruin the camping. The spots on each side of ours were not seasonal, so we had different neighbors every weekend. Since it only takes a few minutes to set up and take down, I like the flexibility.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
Paradise has arrived!

We are seasonal and the sites are completely separate from the overnight and cabin sites. It's the only way to do seasonal.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #9

Our seasonal site is separate from the weekenders - we are actually on a dead end drive at the opposite end of the main campground

We get people walking down that did not even know our section was there - it is perfect - most of us have been there for many seasons

We did the weekend thing when we first started but this is much more relaxing 😃
Old 02-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Our seasonal site is separate from the weekenders - we are actually on a dead end drive at the opposite end of the main campground

We get people walking down that did not even know our section was there - it is perfect - most of us have been there for many seasons

We did the weekend thing when we first started but this is much more relaxing ��
We like campgrounds that are set up this way. As "weekenders" we like to be around other folks who move. Seasonal is not our style, but I would not rule it out if our situation changed.

Looking to purchase a Georgetown 364 ts Mh in the next couple of years.
mr dually is offline   Reply With Quote