Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #1

Sierra sport gasoline leak

In Oregon the attendent filled my toy haulers gas tank. It's now leaking gas from the gas tank. I tried remiving the gas cap but the gas started to immediately spit out so i retightened the cap. I notice there is a floppy gasket looking thing between the cap and where you screw it on.
Could the attendent have simply overfilled the tank? Do I need a new cap?
I recently lost my hubby and do not know what to do. I'm parked at my sisters home in WA. Can anyone help with a sugestion?
kgailtighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgailtighe View Post
In Oregon the attendent filled my toy haulers gas tank. It's now leaking gas from the gas tank. I tried remiving the gas cap but the gas started to immediately spit out so i retightened the cap. I notice there is a floppy gasket looking thing between the cap and where you screw it on.
Could the attendent have simply overfilled the tank? Do I need a new cap?
I recently lost my hubby and do not know what to do. I'm parked at my sisters home in WA. Can anyone help with a sugestion?
It's overfilled. When it gets warm, it expands further. I did the same thing a couple times in my old 79 F150...try to "TOP OFF" tank. I had to get a hose and syphon about a 1/2 gal or so out of it to stop it from dripping.
Toy Hauler ? does the tank have a pump to fill the ATV's or whatever ?? Fill a small gas can or whatever you have to get excess fuel out of the tank.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

If you have a generator on the toy hauler, it will use the same gas tank. If you do not want to siphon the fuel, just run the generator for about an hour and you should be good.

Or use the toy haulers fuel hose to give someone's car a little gas.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #4

Thanks!
CRA Member
kgailtighe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, leak, sierra, sport