Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #1

The Dream Toy Hauler

This forum has been a HUGE blessing to us as we have worked through many issues!
Here is a recap of us newbies: Both are now 60 and are currently debt free (as of yesterday). We have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma, V-6, that pulls hubby's riding lawn mower from property to property (former business was managing our own real estate investments); a 2006 Hyundai Azura; and 2003 Ultra Classic Harley (anniversary edition.)
The dream was always a Class A (hauling the MC), but now I have dashed his dream. We are about to become grandparents (it wasn't looking good) so we plan to use whatever RV we get to park near the grandbaby. (Our guest room is now a nursery.) And I don't drive the MC.
So after GREAT advice, we are now thinking about a Toy Hauler RV we saw at a MC show at Daytona a few years ago and now we can't find it.
We would love a Class A RV Toy hauler that will park the MC in a "closet." It didn't take up all that "precious" comfort space. And then to haul the Tacoma. We will have to make the Tacoma tow-able, so that will be an expense.
We plan to visit EVERY state in the contiguous USA and Canada over the next decade. And spend a lot of time near the grand baby and eventually bring him along!
Anyone hear of such an RV?
Thanks a MILLION!
Best forum ever!
We're getting there!
Debbie for Bill

Old 07-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #2

Not a FR product, but these are cool......

2014 Outlaw Garage Motorhomes: Class A Toy Hauler RV by Thor Motor Coach

Old 07-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Just got off the phone with our closest Camping Workd Dealer,who just told us about these! Going to the web now to check it out!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Check out the toyhauler by Heartland, Cyclone CY 4000 Elite...beautiful & spacious rig!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #5

www.forestriverinc.com/XLR

Check out the Thunderbolt models - very comfortable and luxurious
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

We own the XLR Thunderbolt to haul our Harley Road King Classic! We love this RV!!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #7

Fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
We own the XLR Thunderbolt to haul our Harley Road King Classic! We love this RV!!!
Gorgeous! What vehicle do you tow with? Our issue with the 5th wheel or a trailer is that we don't want to buy a truck. We have a small Toyota Tacoma (that is paid for) and we hate to trade it in and finance about $30,000 for a truck that we won't really want to use when we aren't towing! We still haven't figured out what we are going to do....
Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oh I hear and feel your pain in those thoughts! Unfortunately you would need a bigger truck. We had to upgrade our truck to a new to us 2007, 3500, because neither my avalanche or my husbands GMC would have enough power to pull it, let alone to safely pull it. We paid right around that much for this truck, but it really was totally worth it, as we have taken our rig out several times already. It does an amazing job and tows like it is just out for a Sunday drive! We sold my avalanche to help pay for the Silverado, which was my dream truck, and I actually love to drive the 3500 all the time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2843615652.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	36779  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #9

We want to enjoy being debt free! We are saving up for the rig -whatever that is...Bill would prefer the Class A and tow our truck or the MC...we'll have to pick or chose which one to take....but we have figured out no Class A until we can travel for a month or more at a time. We can just take one or two weeks at the most right now....so back to looking for a small trailer we can pull with the truck.
Thanks for the reply and knowing how painful it is!!!
But we know sunny and fun days are ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Oh I hear and feel your pain in those thoughts! Unfortunately you would need a bigger truck. We had to upgrade our truck to a new to us 2007, 3500, because neither my avalanche or my husbands GMC would have enough power to pull it, let alone to safely pull it. We paid right around that much for this truck, but it really was totally worth it, as we have taken our rig out several times already. It does an amazing job and tows like it is just out for a Sunday drive! We sold my avalanche to help pay for the Silverado, which was my dream truck, and I actually love to drive the 3500 all the time!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

You are a smart person! We too saved up for our dream toy hauler! It was painful, but so worth it! Being debt free is an awesome feeling!! You should be so proud of the hard work that took! I hope we hear back from you as your search continues! Hang in there....you will find exactly what works, and I hope one day we meet along the way! We love our Harley and our XLR!!

Tags
class a, toy hauler