Old 03-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #11
post some photos when you get it, a few of my friends race snocross in the winter and have those aluminum french doors on there enclosed trailers. I want to get some made for mine but would like to see a little more how they install from lippert.

DGuetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
Even w awning out, blowing or misting rain will run into basement storage compartment.

I had to cut the center floor guide block in two in order to get either side of compartments latch.

tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #13
We love the 3 season door on our Vengeance. Its the perfect option to being able to keep the patio set up; especially at night.

One thing to note. It does take up some space in the garage. So if you have maybe a 10' garage and your toy is 9' 8" or something close, it may cause problems. Just be sure to have more than plenty of garage length for the toys you haul.

As for the door getting wet, I haven't had these problems on my past two toy haulers. They don't get wet often but I've even pressure washed the garage and the ramp door. Never had any rotting issues. But again, they don't stay wet. Just maybe 2-3 times per year.
2015 F350 6.7L Lariat CC LB
2016 Vengeance Touring Edition 40D12

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #14
We really love the 3 season doors on our XLR. They do take up some usable space in the garage (maybe a foot or so) but for us they've really been worth it. With the plastic in place over the screens, it does a decent job of keeping the temp inside fairly constant as long as it's not drastically different outside. Having the ability to leave the ramp down overnight (in a safe area) and have the screen doors there is great! Especially when backed up to a nice Colorado stream! The "lock" they include with the doors is not all that great, in fact our tends to vibrate out and unlock during driving, so I would recommend installing something a little more secure. It's not so much for real security (they're only screen doors), just more so the doors are not slamming back and forth while going down the highway.

The only drawbacks:
- Decrease in available garage length
- No handy place to store the plastic covers if you just want the screens (maybe a little bag to keep the rolled up plastic in would be nice, hint hint FR!)
- Flimsy locking mechanism - easy fix.
- There could be a little area for bugs to get in at the bottom of the doors where it uses some brush-style seals.

We are very glad we got them!
2015 XLR Thunderbolt 375
2015 GMC 2500 Denali
- Anderson Hitch
- Air Bags
2kcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #15
We have a 2016 XLR 31 FQLS. The three season door is the best investment we have made for it. What a pain to keep bending over to roll up the screen. The window panels for the door are dark vinyl panels. This door really makes a difference for holding in the heat and a/c. And on rainy or hot days how nice it is to set in the garage and look through the doors at the lake while we eat dinner. I ordered mine from the my dealer and it was shipped through Forest River. They were all great to deal with. There were no instructions included or available but if you are a decent handy person it is not hard to figure our. Only tools you need are a level a drill/screw driver and some decent drill bits. You will need some self drilling screws from the Home Depot. It will probably take 2-4 hours but it is well worth the time and expense.
Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:18 AM   #16
I found the link to the install manual.

Hope this helps.
Update I have the doors but they sent 2 right hand wall rails. The rails are tapered on the bottom with horse hair ( fletching ) on one side. The job is on temporary hold till I get the correct rail.

imaXLRowner is offline   Reply With Quote

door, toy hauler