Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #1

Three season patio door toy hauler

Just ordered a three season patio door for my XLR toy hauler. Looking for Information on the doors good or bad. We hope to leave the party deck out till we have to go home.
imaXLRowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #2

I like you idea ,we love our party deck and only have the roll down screen. I'll be following this thread if you don't mind I was wondering what it cost & where did you order it at? Thanks in advance.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #3

I ordered it from my RV dealer as a add on through the parts Dep. They needed my vin to place the order. I have to remove my roll down screen. It cost me $1570. With my discount being I perched a new 5er from them. I will be installing it.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #4

When you say until you go home you realize it can't get wet, right?

Otherwise they are great.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #5

The one I ordered is a aluminum screen door. And I have a dove tale on the back of my toy hauler. I don't think a little water will hurt it. I also have a awning over it all for the light rain. I there something I am missing?
Old 03-25-2016, 07:01 PM   #6

The ramp door is not water proof. If the inside of the door gets wet, it will rot out.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #7

I agree not to leave your rear door open during a heavy rain event. I only have the roll down screen in my garage what he is describing is more of a heavy duty door that would keep bugs out and allow you to run the heat or AC without changing the temperature of the garage correct? That's what I am looking to do.
LB TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #8

Yes, similar to the sliding glass door between the garage and living area. Not quite as solid though, so to speak.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:12 AM   #9

Thank you
I will have put it up in heavy rain. Not thinking of that being I wash the mud off from the bikes.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:26 AM   #10

Yeah, treat the ramp door as an inside wall of the camper. Other than having rubber on the surface, it's the same.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #11

post some photos when you get it, a few of my friends race snocross in the winter and have those aluminum french doors on there enclosed trailers. I want to get some made for mine but would like to see a little more how they install from lippert.
DGuetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #12

Even w awning out, blowing or misting rain will run into basement storage compartment.

I had to cut the center floor guide block in two in order to get either side of compartments latch.
tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #13

We love the 3 season door on our Vengeance. Its the perfect option to being able to keep the patio set up; especially at night.

One thing to note. It does take up some space in the garage. So if you have maybe a 10' garage and your toy is 9' 8" or something close, it may cause problems. Just be sure to have more than plenty of garage length for the toys you haul.

As for the door getting wet, I haven't had these problems on my past two toy haulers. They don't get wet often but I've even pressure washed the garage and the ramp door. Never had any rotting issues. But again, they don't stay wet. Just maybe 2-3 times per year.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #14

We really love the 3 season doors on our XLR. They do take up some usable space in the garage (maybe a foot or so) but for us they've really been worth it. With the plastic in place over the screens, it does a decent job of keeping the temp inside fairly constant as long as it's not drastically different outside. Having the ability to leave the ramp down overnight (in a safe area) and have the screen doors there is great! Especially when backed up to a nice Colorado stream! The "lock" they include with the doors is not all that great, in fact our tends to vibrate out and unlock during driving, so I would recommend installing something a little more secure. It's not so much for real security (they're only screen doors), just more so the doors are not slamming back and forth while going down the highway.

The only drawbacks:
- Decrease in available garage length
- No handy place to store the plastic covers if you just want the screens (maybe a little bag to keep the rolled up plastic in would be nice, hint hint FR!)
- Flimsy locking mechanism - easy fix.
- There could be a little area for bugs to get in at the bottom of the doors where it uses some brush-style seals.

We are very glad we got them!
- Air Bags
2kcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #15

We have a 2016 XLR 31 FQLS. The three season door is the best investment we have made for it. What a pain to keep bending over to roll up the screen. The window panels for the door are dark vinyl panels. This door really makes a difference for holding in the heat and a/c. And on rainy or hot days how nice it is to set in the garage and look through the doors at the lake while we eat dinner. I ordered mine from the my dealer and it was shipped through Forest River. They were all great to deal with. There were no instructions included or available but if you are a decent handy person it is not hard to figure our. Only tools you need are a level a drill/screw driver and some decent drill bits. You will need some self drilling screws from the Home Depot. It will probably take 2-4 hours but it is well worth the time and expense.
Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:18 AM   #16

I found the link to the install manual.

http://www.lci1.com/support-ramp-doors

Hope this helps.
Update I have the doors but they sent 2 right hand wall rails. The rails are tapered on the bottom with horse hair ( fletching ) on one side. The job is on temporary hold till I get the correct rail.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #17

I'm late. Yes I did the install.
I had to cut the trim molding back so as the right and left rails would fit against the wall. One of my bench seats had to be unscrewed and relocated forward about 1 inch. Also had to trim the left rail to fit straight up and down on the dove tail. Using blocks in the middle to hold the door. I fit everything before screwing to to the walls. In the end the latch that holds the doors closed was not in the middle so we had to reattach it in the center. I was able to do it and not see the old holes.
On a bad note the same latch that holds the doors closed if not latched can get snagged by the bench seat when lifting into the ceiling.
I used it last year and Live it.
Unload the bikes put up the party deck done till it's time to pack up.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #18

Pick on Dropbox showing the door on my hauler

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s/IMG_1218.JPG
Old 05-25-2017, 04:09 AM   #19

Out camping on a lake
Looking through plastic sun blinds and bug screens.
Still LOVE It

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4726.jpg
Views:	5167
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	138980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1218.jpg
Views:	10984
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	138981
Old 06-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #20

Just ordered and received my 3season doors through my rv dealer and will start the install next week
nitro jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, toy hauler