Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #1

Tie-Downs 2016 Grey Wolf 22RR

My husband and I have been searching and searching and we finally decided we are going to purchase the 2016 Grey Wolf 22RR. However, we have not been able to find out how many tie-downs there are inside and how many motorcycles will fit. Would any be able to answer this for us? Thanks!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #2

Just watched a youtube video. It looks like 6. 2 in kitchen 2 at front of sofa, 2 at rear. Not sure of length. In the video the narrator thought 12'.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
RiderBloke

Tie-Downs 2016 Grey Wolf 22RR

Jerseygirl883,

If you search the Cherokee subsection of this forum you will find a lot of items several of us have posted on the 26RR and its tie downs and how we put our bikes in. There are some very helpful pix also by various owners with bikes and modifications.
Generally the inside shrinks very quickly once one bike gets in there and the internal width is much less than appears because of the room the 2 seats take up even when folded up. One bike behind the other would be possible depending on the size of the bikes but would render the kitchen very difficult to use.
It's a great trailer and we enjoy ours but our bike is a mid sized BMW F800GT weighing 500lbs and when it is in the trailer I made sure all kitchen cupboard doors were capable of being opened and there was space on 1 seat to sit. The supplied table has been removed and a smaller Walmart one is now used and we also have a TV Table for use when the other table cannot be used.
Check out the forum and you'll see what's possible. See if a dealer will let you wheel a bike into the unit before you buy.
Good luck with the decision.

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad/iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
29 nights camping & 1926 miles towing so far
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #4

The 22r is about 3 ft shorter than the 26rr. I have the 26rr and a 2005 vtx1300. It is a long cruiser and I would not be able to fit another bike in.

The 22 rr also has appliances on both sides of the camper so it will be very closed in quickly once you get bikes in there. We originally was going to get the 22rr. But after going into both chose the 26rr for the bigger space inside at the same price. At least at the dealer we were looking at them. Check the forums like riderbloke suggested. They will help with decisions and what is possible with the model you are looking at. Good luck. They are great trailers. You will have little issues that will need to have taken care of like the rest of us but once they are done it's a great rig.

Happy camping!
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #5

Tried to fit my buddies Harley and my Vulcan into my 26RR for a trip to Arkansas. Just couldn't make it work. Close but not quite. Probably could have gotten in two Vulcans by staggering them and angling the back ends.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #6

I know a Chipy Bruce from south Louisiana.

Harry-O
Old 10-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Style View Post
I know a Chipy Bruce from south Louisiana.

Harry-O
That's funny. Not any one that I know, just a very lucky guy with a very snappy name. I used to hate being a Chip, now it's a part of me. Thanks Cajun Style!

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf